Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Madden 25 Franchise Mode and Presentation Deep Dive
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #481
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

One thing that I found happening to me frequently are shot clock violations.

I'm so amped to run a play but when things break down, I still want to stay in the flow of the play and not be selfish or a ballhog.

But then with the court spacing and lockdown D, you realize you have no choice but to go for yours and get a shot off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #482
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Hey is anyone else having an issue getting shots off with Kevin garnett vs Gasol when just trying to do a turnaround jumper but turning towards the paint as opposed to the baseline.

There seems to be an overcompensation for height when playing a mismatch situation. The defense is easily able to block those shots. Same thing happens on perimeter with pierce vs lamar odom...
mess with the block slider. ive solved that issue.. it now seems like an animation restriction or a new animation was added where that BLOCK does NOT take place.. interesting to see.

BTW. i love me some foul shooting. If I can finally get NBA numbers to match that, ill be in heaven. and with the foul sliders raised, its not ALWAYS a foul, so there is some great balance.. the one thing I need to look into im sure is the success rate of and1 shots.

fun times ahead guys, i can gurantee it
Old 09-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #483
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

I just ran into a very awkward game where everything wrong happened. lol. First, they didn't miss a shot the whole game, and i play relativley solid d, none of their shots were wide open.Along with that I saw a glitch. Kobe had the ball at the top of the key. He then picked up his dribble and did a drop step, proceed by another, and another, and another, AND another. He ended up near the rim and layed it in, it was the funkiest thing I ever saw

Another ting I've noticed, it seems like out of bound is non-existent when a player steps on the line. For example, cpu controlled Ray allen was in the corner in triple threat position he stepped back the his right leg, his whole foot was sitting out of bounds for about 5 seconds, no call. Ive seen it numerous times from different positions of the court also, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html

Last edited by blingballa333; 09-06-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #484
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

^^I have seen Travelling and it's not called.

Kobe did a pro-hop (automatically) and then took another 3 steps to the hoop.

Branching was supposed to fix these things.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #485
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Wanna know how I know the game will be solid?

Because all of you guys including the old heads are still playing it.
Its a good demo. Like everything though, the more I play it...the more flaws I see. Passing animations are still poor and Ive seen on several occasions the old bullet baseball pass from past versions and high arching passes to players right next to each other. The FT system is decent but I can see it becoming a little too easy to master.

I also worry a little bit about the substitution patterns the cpu will use. Toward the middle of the second quarter, the CPU will sub if there is a stoppage. One of the biggest problems with Lives is that the CPU only subs by position...not by team tendency. For example in real life if Perkins comes out, the C's usually move Garnett to Center and play Powe/Davis at PF. In the demo, Patrick O'Bryant comes in for Perkins because he is the only Center and that probably wouldnt happen in real life. Its a small nitpick but things like that will frustrate me and make me not want to play the retail version alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 12:21 AM   #486
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm uploading 2 player lock videos now along with one where I'm just messing around in the practice gym trying to show off all the different moves.

The player lock of far has been a mixed bag... a lot of the CPU holding the ball when plays break down or don't start. Sometimes the PG or whoever is handling the ball will call plays, but it's pretty sparse and they'll usually either just dribble the clock out and take a bad shot or sometimes make passes and get it started without running a play. Lots of <4 seconds left on the shot clock stuff going up...

It's probably expecting too much to have that playing right in the demo though. If you control the action a bit on your own or take the PG, it's fun though. And sometimes the plays are still buttery and work great (it shows your spot on the floor, though I was confused a lot of the time beyonf the first step). It was fun playing as KG and flying all over the place off-ball to get open mids (forcing the CPU to pass with A) and cutting dunks.

And yeah, ditto on seeing more and more random issues and glitches. I need to adjust the sliders more or something, because there are still a lot of blocks (leading to shot clock violations) and a lot of contested makes by the CPU. Also, you might notice on one of the player lock videos that the net on my side of the court froze.. it was sort of pushed in on one side but didn't move on makes. Also, I've noticed that out of bounds doesn't seem to work.. I assume these are just demo issues. The contested makes as well as the all-too-common "pull hands back" animation both on blocks and offensive boards are really annoying. Those two things and the delayed reaction on blocks/boards are probably my biggest issues, and I hope they are reduced for the retail version.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 09-07-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:21 AM   #487
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

few more games played tonight.

game's animations remind me of 2k7 in many aspects. the up and under post animation has its flaws with the PIVOT foot changing multilple times.

as i get better at the demo, i tend to now want to drive more, doing so, ive seen some clipping of players going through other players.

with the driving comes helpside. in some instances, there is no contested shots from many defenders.

another animation note.. some animations, namely jumpshots tend to take quite a long time to just OCCUR and thats how the blocks are happening.

with all that notable negative stuff, it DOES not distract me from enjoying the game and just having fun. the play calling system is just perfectly exected from how I use it especially with its incorporating with the DNA system.

no game is perfect. but so far the good outweighs the bad..

videos coming up
Old 09-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #488
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its a good demo. Like everything though, the more I play it...the more flaws I see. Passing animations are still poor and Ive seen on several occasions the old bullet baseball pass from past versions and high arching passes to players right next to each other. The FT system is decent but I can see it becoming a little too easy to master.

I also worry a little bit about the substitution patterns the cpu will use. Toward the middle of the second quarter, the CPU will sub if there is a stoppage. One of the biggest problems with Lives is that the CPU only subs by position...not by team tendency. For example in real life if Perkins comes out, the C's usually move Garnett to Center and play Powe/Davis at PF. In the demo, Patrick O'Bryant comes in for Perkins because he is the only Center and that probably wouldnt happen in real life. Its a small nitpick but things like that will frustrate me and make me not want to play the retail version alot.
Sounds like the same issues from Live 08. I just played against the C's in Live 08 literrally 5 minutes ago, and that same CPU sub pattern to the tee of what you described just happened.

I hope retail has ironed some of these things out.

and oh yes fellas.... VIDEOS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »