View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
MeSlayer
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: gameplanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961
as a strategy novice, I look at the Gameplanning report, and say to myself "that's nice, so what? Most teams tend to pass on third and long, how is this helpful?"

Head Coach is very helpful in some ways, then you get to this key aspect, and I feel like they throw you a bone and say "good luck, you're on your own."
Well yes, most teams do pass on 3rd and long. However, Ive found it very beneficial to check what teams do on 1st and 10, 2nd and short, and 3rd and short to get a feel of what kind of offense they are running

If they skew towards the run on first down and x and short, then thats what i gameplan for

however if they are 50/50 on first down and heavy pass on 2nd and short then i gameplan against their qb

I dont think the ALL section of the gameplan is very useful, since there are just too many factors that go into their total play selection (they could be a run first team but without success at it they find themselves in 2nd and long and 3rd and long very often, which would mean their total numbers are pass centered but what happens on first down is what matters to me.)