View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
SloeyEZ
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Training camp and preseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSlayer
if i remember right those are +25/-25 goals from the same person (gm? owner? I forget) who gives you play x player for 50 downs during preseason goals (also +25/-25 goals)

so all you really need to do is ensure that those 3 guys get their plays (which is easy), and get the play knowledge for one guy taken care of (theyve been guys on the bubble for me the times ive played through camp and im not going to waste time getting some guy who may be cut up to speed when i have starters to worry about) and the two -25 approval hits will be offset by four +25 approval hits, so you net +50

I guess what im trying to say is that if you try and meet all these preseason goals you might end up hurting yourself for the regular season, so instead be more realistic in your expectations and just try and aim for most of your gm/owner preseason goals and concentrate on your personal (whatever you think needs to be done) preseason goals

This just occurred to me and I may be out in left field...but maybe the devs were trying to simulate something here...

If you coach your team based on what the owner and others want you to do, then you're never going to have a good team because you'll only be trying to please everyone else. (read interference result Bill Parcels: "If you want me to cook the dinner then you have to let me buy the groceries")

I just coach my team especially in the pre-season working on the goals that I feel are necessary and best for the team. I don't worry so much about goals handed down by the owner. Sure it's nice when I can work them in without affecting my direction...but in the end, I think if you're a good enough coach (i.e. you win) then your approval will eventually go up and everyone will be happy and perhaps even respect you more
Advertisements - Register to remove