View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #48
SeventhWard
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: With these big injuries...what do you do in Franchise?

To answer the OP's original question, whenever something major happens to my team in the NFL - sometimes I duplicate it in Madden, other times I don't. For instance, my fave team lost the starting WR for six weeks. I MIGHT sit him in Madden, just to have the experience of trying to win without a major weapon. However, being FORCED into that scenario may turn-off a great number of dudes.

I was curious as to how the Madden team would approach the "Live Stats" coming across some of the other EA titles this season, namely FIFA 09 and Live 09. I think it could work, but I share the opinion - it would have to be a seperate mode/option.

I can see it fitting more into a "Play Now" type of game, with a "Live" option. I used to dig how in older Maddens, when you'd start up the game and go into "Play Now", your favorite team and their opponent for that week on the NFL schedule would be automatically selected for you. Maybe tie the "Live" scenarios of the league into that kinda stuff.

I know you guys need a 'hook' every year to bring in new gamers. If there was an absolute need to implement some sort of "Live" tracking to the game, just to keep up with the digital Joneses, I'd lean towards you guys keeping it simple - at least until it matured.

Personally, I'm more excited about the "List of 25" taking priority in development...better presentation and more realistic technique and gameplay. Usually the guys who are harcore enough to want to simulate their NFL season, injuries and all, will make the subs themselves - it may not be worth allocating major development resources to something very 'niche'.

-SeventhWard