View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
dodgerblue
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

The dev team needs to focus on the sim style gamer. Accordingly, they need to watch as much baseball as possible to familiarize themselves with the real game of baseball. Sometimes I get the feeling the dev's have no clue of what a real game looks and plays like.

That being said, specifically I would like to see:

1) Graphics on par with 2k7, they were gorgeous!

2) Improved ball physics, hits of all variety.

3) Realistic player speeds. Stolen bases, extra bases for speedsters should be a part of the game. Good player ratings should make sense with this feature.

4) Realistic defensive ratings. Top defenders should dive for balls and make great plays, not everyone.

5) Atmosphere. The crowds need to be alive and act appropriately for what happens on the field. Also, the importance of the game should factor in (e.g. pennant race, playoffs).

6) New stats engine. The dev team should simulate the game hundreds of time to make sure realistic stats result. Team ERA's, hitting stats should be believable with some wiggle room for "special seasons".

7) Update Player ratings and change the ratings to numerical values that we can see and adjust if we want to. Trying to adjust players attributes currently is a pain because there are no individual numerical values.

8) Update the stadiums, I have said it before and I'll complain until I see it changed. Dodger stadium's outfield wall is BLUE!!

9) Improved commentary. It's really stale now. It should reflect what is going on in your season.

10) Smooth out the game. When replays run, I'm constantly afraid the game is going to lock up or crash. It is really clunky and jerky, which shouldn't happen in a next gen game imo.

11) Give us options for hitting. Cursor, timing only, aiming with left stick. There are a lot of preferred methods by gamers, so give us options.

12) Make lower levels for arcade players (rookie) and higher levels for sim players so we don't have to spend weeks on end looking for a good slider set.

Thanks for listening