View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #23
FedEx227
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

Graphics won't matter to me as long as gameplay is great. After 2k7 and 2k8 both disappointed I dusted off the PS2, got some updated rosters and played MVP Baseball 2005. I could care less about graphics. That should be the last of your worries, 2k.

Hitting dynamics need to change, the home run or nothing type play get's very old very quick. I was unable to find a balance in either 2k7 or 2k8 through sliders and eventually just gave up.

Also, in terms of pitching i'd love to see the computer throw more balls to me. The hardest achievement to receive in 2k8 was "Eagle Eye" that shouldn't happen. While it may piss people off, it definitely makes a more realistic baseball experience and those pissed off will be glad because eventually they'll catch on.

Likewise, I'd like to see the computer take some pitches as well. Last year it was swing, swing, swing. Great, I could get a game over in 20 minutes, but it also completely destroyed franchise stats.

Lastly for me, franchise has way too many bugs. Free agents will sit there for years on end without ever getting a look from other teams. Now I understand if we're talking about Kenny Rogers or Bartolo Colon... but Roy Oswalt sat in the free agent list for almost 3-4 months before I finally said "Screw it, I'll pick him up."

That's all for me now, we're cheering for a great game in 2k9 and hopefully VC/BC handles it because there is a lot of potential, and the game has really grown leaps and bounds since 2k6.