View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 03:31 AM   #22
SloeyEZ
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Preseason Game #2: Newspaper Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreywill
Titans Blank Raiders. Passing Game Found?

NASHVILLE (AP) -- In the Vince Young Era, all of two plus seasons, the Titans have struggled with the concept of the forward pass. Whether you place those blames on a less than accurate Young or below average receivers the problem has been magnified. Two preseason games into the Jason Griffin regime and the Titans are looking like former Volunteer great Peyton Manning & the Indianapolis Colts throwing the pigskin. Young was 8 for 10 for 151 yards and two touchdowns incuding a 54 yard td to WR Chris Davis. Rookie WR Mario Manningham continued to shine with 5 receptions for 98 yards. Rookie QB Andre Woodson finished with 159 yards passing on 10 for 15 with a touchdown strike.

The defense looked good as they held the Raiders to just 123 yards of total offense including a measly 1 yard rushing for the game. They were helped out by the Raider receivers who dropped an unheard of 9 passes. Rookie DE Tony Bake finished with two sacks and a fumble recovery. LB Kawika Mitchell paced the Titans with 6 tackles.

That sounds about right you kicked my @$$ i think 53-0 in my preseason game lol. And yup my receivers dropped all kinds of passes. more on that later in my thread lol