View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #10
Purplepower
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Pretty upset at the lack of guidance for this game

Once again....this is not Madden, repeat not Madden. You are not going to jump into this game and see great things from your all all-pro team. This game is more about playbook knowledge and coaching skills. You just can't look at a guy and say oh....I got this 93 overall rating RB....with sliders bumped up....I will run for 200 yds. Other things come into play. Playbook knowledge....not just him but the OL, QB, the whole team. Yes, he is going to play better over time than someone rated 80. Even if you have mastered the play....if you take a look at each player, someone has only learned the play. And if you have master a play...it doesn't mean it is a money play, it just has a better chance of working. You can also have very good gains with unlearned plays, mainly because if you haven't called that play alot or practiced it....the defense hasn't scouted it, so it is hard to defend. Sometimes they work, most of the times they don't.

You are not going to get good results after just 3 preseason games. Also, if you are only calling a handfull of plays, the defense is going to shut you down....again playbook knowledge. Take a look at my Viks franchise, and look at the last 2 games of preseason...lost both very bad....now take a look at week 14 and see how the team has come around.

About the TFL's....it is possible that your OL has not learned the plays/or your RB has not learned them. Who is the QB in Atl, maybe he is a pocket passer, I don't know. You have got to learn what you can and cannot do with the players you have. I can't run Taylor outside on a toss, even if he has master the play, he still gets stopped for a lost or short gain. He is best between the tackles. Some plays just don't work for me, I've adjusted to what do.

What kind of stats are you looking for. You got 8 TFL's and no sacks. So Vince took off on you am I right. Yes the CPU did get 14 tfls and yet you won 41 -17 with adjusted and 35-21 default. That is what we have been saying....it doesn't give you a hugh advantage.

I'am not on here to debate if the sliders work....for most I think are very happy with the game either on default or close to it. You are not going to see the changes you see with madden with the sliders. The game is designed for CPU vs CPU with you only calling the plays.