View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 03:38 AM   #30
SloeyEZ
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: How do you want me to handle future roster updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
In my opinion, the depth charts and actual rosters should remain the same as they were at the start of the preseason because that is when you are taking over, but ratings should be updated to give a more accurate persona of the players. Not only would this make the players actually play closer to what they really do and have potentials closer to real life, but also then you wouldnt go in to each season knowing how good everyone could become so it could add some to the replay value. I would really like to see potential updates for the pre draft one, but I know I read somewhere that you cant update those.
I think you kinda contradicted yourself here kcarr...because if they change the ratings based on real life performance, then you know how good everyone can become because you know how good they are in real life.

Additionally, remember the attributes change in the game based on performance. If your back has a 200 yard rushing game or 1500+ season, then his attributes will go higher than his potential. I think if you use real life stats later, you're just kind of resetting the game with new characters. Which as I write that doesn't necessarily sound like a bad thing...but then how often do the rosters get update? How much work will the devs have created for themselves by opening this can of worms? hmmm... I guess I kinda keep going back and forth on this a lil...