View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #144
kubankaos
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

It seems like I'm in the minority here, but please don't change the controls. I love them and I hate basic controls. Just continue to give people the option of thier basic controls. Maybe a slight tweak of the controls will be fine and get rid of the meat ball. I'm worried that they will be dumbed down too much for the kiddies.

I bought the PS3 just for the show and quickly got bored of it. I also have MVP 05 for the PC with the current 08 mod and I still play 2k8 instead just because it's so much funner.

Just fix the framerate issues and improve hitting online. Maybe lower the pitch speed? I know it's much easier to get walked in The Show online because you can see the ball path much easier. That way people can pitch all the balls they want.

So after keeping the controls good, work on the graphics. I have to play in overcast weather because it's easier on my eyes. Don't know if this is possible on a console game, but MVP 05 with the 08 mod running at 1920x1200 looks great. I feel like I have 20/20 vision, but 2k8 and the Show don't look as crisp to me.

Also I love the ball in MVP 05. First it just looks clear and I love how much more realistic it seems to act. I'm not sure what it is, but the ball feels real in MVP 05. I've seen it do crazy things like hit of the first base bag and take a bad hop that allowed me to reach first. It just seems to be affected by it's surroundings more than either console version. I wonder if maybe the console is not powerful enough to offer this. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, on the PC version the physics of the ball seem infinite vs the consoles where it seems there are limited things the ball can do.

Then work on the presentation and all that jazz that everybody else asks for. Yes the Show had loads of that, but in the end the pitching, fielding, and hitting lost my interest.