Old 11-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
thelasthurtknee
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Set Them and Forget Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Yea QB ACC of 40 on Heisman will allow even mediocre QB's to win the Heisman with a good user controlling the team. I've moved us to 30 which requires a elite QB to accomplish this.
At 50 every QB in the game is a super star, at 40 the vast majority are super stars, at 30 only the elite few are super stars.. Makes you recruit for the A THP and B+ THA guy, and even he will struggle his frosh year. This also makes pocket passers the smart choice since scramblers rarely have the arm strength and accuracy needed to be effective at this setting.

One could go as low as 25 but then only the 91+ THP/THA QB's would shine. At 30 a 88/88 guy can do well and a guy above that can light up the field. The mediocre QB's can still do very well at 30 one just has to use them as a mediocre qb and not try to force things. Build a strong running game and defense while you try to recruit that future NFL QB. haha

EA please give us more sliders next year and keep everything else the same, that's all I ask.
I'll drop a loaf the day I see QB ACC and QB Arm STR as independent sliders.

Oh lawdy done drank too many keystone lights and got to play my OD game.
I'm 4-5 this season so this is a must win to keep any bowl hopes alive.
Gonna poke the bat in the dug out in hopes it will hep me concentrate.
Prolly be to paranoid to pass the dayum ball! SACK!! (Detached Groin 5 Weeks)
ea already said they are completely overhauling the sliders next year. that is great news. its only been what 8 years. i just wish they would add 4 more sliders for qb's, five if you seperate throwing power and acc but acc could be removed all together.

i think this is how it should work and used to put this in wish lists around 03-05 but nobody from ea was around then.

for qb acc have
short throws
med throws
deep throws

this could be something like 10 yards and in for short and so on and this could tie in to dropping real deep but if they put in what madden has where the symbols disapear after dropping to far(tie this in with awarness so freshmen are in the dark sooner).

then all you would need is
throwing power
throwing on the run (i think this would keep pocket passers in the pocket more but there are some pocket passers that throw really well moving) this has been a long time needed.

the most important position in college football and they have two ratings that affect their passing. LAME!

i really like qb acc at 35 for the sliders we play on. actually the d is already all over our wr's and its hard to get them the ball. we had to go up to 40 just so guys could complete a pass over 30 yards. the d was just sucking anything deep up. didnt want everone to start running just playaction all day or screens since its sim and everyone was throwing alot of picks. i could get by with 30 but im a run team. in practice mode 35 is pretty close to natural ability.