Old 01-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #27
ProfessaPackMan
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Eyebrow-Raising Article on Marvin Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Basically. I actually don't feel any different about the guy. Sometimes I think people try to hard to make a personal connection with people that entertain us. We don't know these people at all. There are thousands of Marvin Harrisons out there who just can't catch footballs. Some of them are horrible people, some are good people that decided to do bad things for what they felt were the right reasons. Sounds to me like Marvin's been true to himself even after the fame and fortune, and gives back to his community in the best way HE knows how. Assuming all of this is true, I'm not defending the guy, but it's just not that shocking either. Watch The Wire... may help explain what I mean.

I'd also say I wouldn't expect more to come out as someone else mentioned. He's gone 13 years without this even being a thought in anyone's mind. It's not about the fame or power, it's about making a living and supporting his people. I wouldn't doubt that if he's done these things, he's done some other bad things also, but he handles the situation much like he does football.
Great post wwharton.