Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #519
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Early videos were ALL promising. I have NOT played the demo and refuse too until I play a full retail to make a real decision. I have played the show's demo and even though i feel it's more of the same SCEA "goodness" i can not help but say that after seeing the PASTAPADRE HD vids that the game is absolutely gorgeous to look at while playing. So i am not alone in saying at least ONE game will not disappoint at all. When i get MLB 2k9 i will post up a good fair review of it for everyone to check out.
You haven't even played the demo? What the hell? You posted a giant blog stating that 2K9 was better than the Show and you did all of that from just watching videos (http://www.osatwork.com/Tomba/blog/1...d-this-is-why/ - this blog has since been deleted)? How on earth can anyone assume you will put up a fair review after already posting a mini review stating one game is better when you never even played it? You disappoint me Tomba.

The 2K9 demo was a lot of fun. If people want to judge a game, judge it on how it plays first and not just after watching videos or reading about bugs in an internet thread or on what someone else thinks. Download the demo yourself people or rent both games if you aren't sure what to do. I don't understand people just going on what others are saying. I've been a big Show guy and I have actually played both demos. I think 2K9 did a lot of good things with their game and have blogged on both demos (see sig). But its still just my opinion. I'm sure I see strengths and weaknesses in both titles that others will disagree with but ultimately the only opinion that counts is your own. How either game will hold up long term will also take much longer with the game and nobody can answer that right now.