Old 03-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #689
seasprite
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
am I right in assuming this is a pretty arcadelike swing and hit, pitch and hit low pitch count title? I'm trying really hard not to knock this game, but I'm still wondering if you can get more sim type battles at the plate on higher difficulties like hall of fame. Has anyone tried these yet? I had no issue getting called strikes in the demo. My main issue is its impossible to miss the strike zone or miss with the bat when hitting. the hit variety is there. the presentation is cool. the graphics might not be up to par with the show, but i really enjoyed the presentation and flow of the games presentation wise. my main issue between the lines and the gameplay and there were too many 1 and done type battles. there are no battles thats the problem. too many hits, too much contact. the ai is really scripted. not enough diversity with pitches out of the zone and swinging and missing etc......
I think that if you bumped up the difficulty, you would find those battles that you are seeking. I started playing with the default level and jumped to Legend. There is a big difference and I think you will find what you are looking for if you jump up in difficulty.