View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #690
kGinGreen
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I think that if you bumped up the difficulty, you would find those battles that you are seeking. I started playing with the default level and jumped to Legend. There is a big difference and I think you will find what you are looking for if you jump up in difficulty.
I'm cynical and am not going to buy the game until i hear otherwise because nba 2k9 was teh same thing. I know a lot of people think 2k9 was great but 2k's ai is really bad and scripted. There was very little to the ai in nba 2k9 as far as being forced to move the ball and one on one battles. I know people didn't give live a chance but if you played it you'd notice the AI is better in these areas and actually forces court spacing and movement of the ball. The one on one battles the ai is also more advanced. I'm starting to think this is just 2k and their AI is dated and very simplistic. After you play nba 2k9 for a while you notice you can do the same moves over and over and get to the basket. yeah they put some bandaids on it and tried to fix it but it's something with their AI in their games that I never liked. If you watch the ai in 2k9 all they do is force the ball in the paint over and over. It just seems to me like their pitching and batting ai is the same here. It's way too simplistic and scripted where once you learn it its easy to tee off and fool the cpu. Unless someone can tell me something conclusive here it's kind of pointless because I think 2k needs a major overhaul to their AI.

One thing i liked about the demo was that the cpu does steal bases and throw to bases more randomly and on queue. I saw things i didn't expect in that regard. In past versions of 2k's games you jack up the difficulties and all it does is make the cpu cheese and the players ratings go through the roof. the ai doesn't get better. i'm just wondering if that is different here. I don't care if a guy i not wearing the right patch or if his stance isnt 100% correct. What i'm missing is organic gameplay and 2k has been really lacking in that recently and just seems way too scripted. 2k7 was the last year where 2k was really on top in that regard. Anything by 2k after 2k7 it's like they intentionally dumbed down their AI or something.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 03-03-2009 at 01:32 PM.