View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #767
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
I'm standing by my statement that this game is weird. It's good enough and does enough things right to hold my interest. But there are enough things wrong with it to hold me off buying it for now. I love some of the things the AI does, and there are things I hate. I love how the cpu will attempt to pick runners off, make throws at the lead runner, walk batters, pitch around guys, set up the double play, pitch out and fire at first. I had this great diving stab at first base and was like wow that was so well done. But on the other hand there are still glitchy things with this game and the AI is not up to par in areas. pitching and hitting seems overly simplified to me. It's really difficult to miss hte strike zone. It's also really hard to swing and miss. The AI also does ridiculous things at times. The presentation, camera angles and batter walkups are all extremely well done. But then there is stuff you see during the realtime setup and comments are made during the commentary that are way off. it's a mixed bag for me. It's a step up from 2k8, but it's like 2k is kind of caught in between here. IT's a sim in some ways and its also a flawed arcade title in others. I can still hold up on the left stick and hit bombs at will if i really want to.
Paragraphs are a good thing, my man. No one wants to read a wall of text.