View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #1024
dgoak
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

I have started 12 games and finished none since Sunday. I can't get over how bad this game is, I really want my money back. there is just too many things wrong with this game. I love baseball and that is the only reason I'm still giving this game a chance, but seriously don't know how anyone can say this game anything more then a 5.

For the record I'm not a ps3 fanboy, in fact I'm a PC and EA MVP fanboy, but that makes me a dinosaur I suppose. I bought the 360 begrudgingly because I can't take it that all the studios are catering to the console market and forgetting about the PC, even though the PC is truely superior to both consoles. I only picked up my 360 in October and I couldn't wait to play this game, Maybe that's why I'm so frustrated. I can't wait another year (and hope) for the next version. It's really enough to make me consider selling the 360 and bending over for a ps3.

I picked off 4 runners in one inning! that's insane. Jacoby Ellsbury has more headers then Ronaldo. Jeter has been hit in the nose with line drives twice in one game. and to add insult to injury the commentators seem to chim in about how the defense has failed as the pitcher hits an inside the park home run because the ball went physically though the center fielder and then could not be picked up.

I've tried every default difficulty setting and downloaded 3 different slider sets touting realism. they didn't help other then to stop the onslaught of homers being hit against me. Persoanlly I don't believe you should ever have to use a slider period, unless you want to cheat or to even the playing field if you're playing against someone that isn't as good.

I don't think patches can fix everything that's wrong, and even if they could, it shouldn't have to come to that. This game is a lemon.
and to all those that say it has depth....well I just don't see it. Does it have potential, sure, will that potential be realised? Highly unlikely.