View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #58
FadeEmAll
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Man Online Franchise is not 32 people!!!! I know that guy stated that earlier, but this is not the reality. The max in NCAA is 12 people and I"m sure they would have the same level in Madden. I'm talking Online Franchise with 4-8 people and the computer controlling the rest. Stop with this 32 team stuff, it ain't going to happen.

Now imagine you and 5 other Sim gamers locked into a constant battle for rookies, free agents, trades etc, along with the ever present computer, for the Super bowl every year. You got one guy who is technically "the best" (basically functions as the Patriots) player but every year falls to a CPU contender in the playoffs, gets ousted by you or someone else, or has a crucial injury to his team leaving the Super Bowl wide open.

Prime example in NCAA, I play with 4 other players all of us in the Pac-10 (Cal, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, and Arizona State) we left USC to be the computer powerhouse. After 5 season no one has emerged undefeated or went to the National Championship game, because we either lose to each other, slip up against the computer with USC, get beat on the road in Death Valley etc. We fight each other all year every year for recruits and my 5 star Scrambler QB, who was the Number 1 rated rookie coming out of high school, has been injured for the entire season before Week 6 the last 2 years. Now tell me after 5 seasons you wouldn't have one at least 2-3 National championships on your own against the computer? Of course you would have but when playing other people who adapt to your game it's a battle every year.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 04-01-2009 at 11:32 AM.