View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #83
kGinGreen
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I managed to get 5 post patch innings in before and was pleasantly suprised to see that the game plays like baseball now! The aggression has been sorted out and I didn't notice the 1st base glitch. Although I did have outfielders misplay 2 fly balls, both costing multiple runs. I'm assuming its something I'm doing wrong but I'm really not sure what that could be. I'm moving to the spot and then letting go of the sticks.

One time the left fielder raised his hand too late and the ball bounced off the outside of his glove, then later my centre fielder completely ignored the ball and it landed right next to him and continued to bounce on to the wall. Please help me with this guys! What's the secret to catching fly balls?
From my experience i actually liekd the fielding pre patch and never had a problem with it. If anything it was too easy to make spectacular plays. All i would do is try to get the player in position and let the cpu do the rest if a dive was needed id obviously dive but it was all about positioning yourself the correct way. I liked this about this game. I didnt have a problem with most bugs that people experience. The first baseman bug as well i would jsut try to set my feet and guage my throws and the first baseman wouldnt be pulled off the bag. This is one thing the show overdoes imo and is almost too easy because it does everything for you. It's all about positioning and knowing when to let the cpu take over though..... If you see the cpu isnt moving you into position nudge the stick a bit until it does. I am very good at taking proper angles though in these games. Not to toot my own horn but i usually dont see this stuff.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 04-02-2009 at 06:46 AM.