View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #48
mgoblue
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Kimbo Slice a TUF 10 contestant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck911
Elite Xc push a fighter with no real exp because he will bring good rating currently his record 3-1

UFC push a fighter with no real exp because he will bring good rating currently his record 3-1

It is not about skill level because yes i know Brock lesnar is way prospect.It is about company pushing fighter to the fight fore front and making their public face with out the fighter having the nessary skills to back it up.

Their is not single Brock lesnar fan who feels comfortable with him ground on agianst likes Mir,Nogeria,etc.He is not a good striker either.He is a strenght freak of nature that can hold most fighter on the ground with no real skills to do anything after other hit them with awkward looking punches.I love brock's potential but nobody in their right mind can think he is anywhere close to a complete product.
I think there's much bigger of a difference in early pushing a wrestling champion who is a physically talented freak vs. some dude who fought in backyards and was put on Youtube.

I agree Brock was pushed too soon, but Kimbo is just all hype, and Brock can at least back it up...

I look forward to seeing Kimbo on TUF though, I think he's got the right mindset and EliteXC just screwed him over.