View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
gr18
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
2010 Playbook Discussion

I've played 11 games(first 11 in week1)so far and have had 3 bad computer qb games,3 excellent ones and 5 in between.

Everyone has needed to adjust sliders to their liking.I put out an easy set that experienced 2k5 guys had to make harder.I like Bill's sliders personally but didn't want to scare the casual 2k5 gamer.This is why I hate to even give out a set either way.

That being said,I don't like to assign hybrid 3-4 playbooks because the computer adjustment isn't there so it's strictly 4-3 or 3-4 for me.

2 of my 3 'bad computer qb' games were using the Patriots playbook as there are many Belicheck disciples as coaches these days.Cassell and Quinn both had bad games against good defenses,Ravens and Vikings respectively.I'm thinking there are too many short out routes in this playbook.Mediocre qb's maybe aren't as effective with certain playbooks such as this.

So....I'd like opinions(I know I can get some from Dan on this)on which playbooks are appropriate and effective for each team based on philosophy and personnel.For example,I used the Giants playbook for the Saints because they spread out the receivers and had Tiki Barber in many packages so Reggie Bush fits this nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove