Home

2010 Playbook Discussion

This is a discussion on 2010 Playbook Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
2010 Playbook Discussion

I've played 11 games(first 11 in week1)so far and have had 3 bad computer qb games,3 excellent ones and 5 in between.

Everyone has needed to adjust sliders to their liking.I put out an easy set that experienced 2k5 guys had to make harder.I like Bill's sliders personally but didn't want to scare the casual 2k5 gamer.This is why I hate to even give out a set either way.

That being said,I don't like to assign hybrid 3-4 playbooks because the computer adjustment isn't there so it's strictly 4-3 or 3-4 for me.

2 of my 3 'bad computer qb' games were using the Patriots playbook as there are many Belicheck disciples as coaches these days.Cassell and Quinn both had bad games against good defenses,Ravens and Vikings respectively.I'm thinking there are too many short out routes in this playbook.Mediocre qb's maybe aren't as effective with certain playbooks such as this.

So....I'd like opinions(I know I can get some from Dan on this)on which playbooks are appropriate and effective for each team based on philosophy and personnel.For example,I used the Giants playbook for the Saints because they spread out the receivers and had Tiki Barber in many packages so Reggie Bush fits this nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2010 Playbook Discussion

I think this really calls for eliminating some plays, especially, pass plays. I did this with N.O.'s book and I'm going to try it out later.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Sadly the only 3-4 playbook that gave us good results is the Chargers playbook, everyone else led to poor QB play.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Sadly the only 3-4 playbook that gave us good results is the Chargers playbook, everyone else led to poor QB play.
I found the Ravens one to be better than I thought after Shaun Hill lit me up against the Cardinals.I agree with the Chargers.I''m thinking of ditching the Patriots one entirely but will probably end up with many 3-4 teams using the same playbook since there's so many 3-4 teams now.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
Banned

I only change playbooks if the team has changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or vice versa. Otherwise, the team stays with the defult playbook. For teams that have changed, I o based on who the new HC is. After HC, its based on the DC.

For 2009, here's my tentative setup -

49ers - Chargers (prefer Ravens but Nolan is gone and Manusky is the DC who was previously in SD)

Broncos - Patriots (secondary choice would be the Ravens since Nolan is their DC)

Browns - Patriots

Cardinals - Steelers

Chiefs - Texans

Cowboys - Chargers

Dolphins - Texans

Jets - Ravens

Packers - Texans

Too many damn teams are switching to the 3-4 defense and its killing us. Before we know it, every team will be running the same three or four playbooks. UGH.

If there's one more/last thing I wish FINN could crack the most, it would be the ability to edit playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

I tried the same thing i went back and wanted to see who the def/off coords were in 2005. Once i compiled a list I went through the editor and changed defensive schemes, one example was Todd Haley who coordinated the cowboys offence in 2004/05 so now KC is using the playbook which also has 3/4 from Dallas. I have Washington running West Coast offence....
Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

Isn't the Texans playbook a hybrid 3-4?I know the Packers,Dolphins and Chiefs are probably going this route but when you play the computer they always go to a 4-3 then.Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

I don't know what the Broncos are doing and I'm not sure they do either.It's been said they're going to a 3-4 but I see some depth charts with 4-3 listings.I personally don't think they have the personnel to run a 3-4.They just seem like a mess.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
I tried the same thing i went back and wanted to see who the def/off coords were in 2005. Once i compiled a list I went through the editor and changed defensive schemes, one example was Todd Haley who coordinated the cowboys offence in 2004/05 so now KC is using the playbook which also has 3/4 from Dallas. I have Washington running West Coast offence....
Cowboys playbook has the 3-4 base front but they also have the 4-3 base. 4-3 nickel and 4-3 dime as well as the bear (4-3) formation. Cowboys playbook is definitely NOT a 3-4 playbook. Sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »