Old 08-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #65
PrettyT11
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: crazy leinart and young could be on the outs with there team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
But 3rd season in the league after some regular season experience. I think it's a fairly even comparison. At any rate, my major point was Steve wasn't much of a passer at first, either.
But you can't compare the two when it comes to passing and the intangibles and skills of the QB position. Hell Elway, Young, Farve and many others had lower QB rating than Vince two in thier second and/or third year. DO you think you could compare them to Vince as a passer as well??

Like I said before Steve and Vince is not an accurate or fair comparison. Steve was always a passer first and a passer who could run dating all the way back to his college days. He doesn't hold all the all time records for passing in 1AA by being a runner.

Vince was a runner and a runner first who happened to improve his passing. He didn't become a good passer until his last college season and even then it was a very simplified system when it comes to making reads on your recievers, reading the defense, and dropping back from under center. The almost always lined up in the shotgun and never really had more than one or two reads for his recievers. He has a lot of work to do to become anywhere close to the passer McNair was.
Advertisements - Register to remove