Old 08-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #68
bkrich83
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: crazy leinart and young could be on the outs with there team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
the defense was ranked dead last in the league that season...but I agree with you that you cant always tell everything by looking at statistical rankings in a vacuum
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2006

defense and special teams were obviously a big part of their turnaround from 0-5 that season, but VY setting rookie records and leading comebacks was a big part as well. He brought a lot of energy and national attention to the franchise. The new energy made quite a difference in contrast to the vibe that the franchise had the year before, and was a major factor in the turnaround (as well as the gradual improvement of the defense throughout the season of course, and like you said, the special teams)
I agree, the tempo changed offensively when he started to play. But people are talking here like he was the engine that drove that team.

I watched all of those games, we discussed them at length in 2006, what some people are claiming is simply not the case. He was a factor, but it wasn't like he was singlehandedly leading them to victory as some would lead you to believe. . In fact I believe they had a few victories where they scored 1 or fewer offensive TD's for the entire game.