View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
KSUowls
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: CFN's Top 25 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
lol I gotcha. You have to understand how defensive some people get on this board because of all of the SEC elitism (or at least I do...one of my many character flaws)

I cant blame you for trumpeting your conference, because the SEC is probably the best conference most seasons, and it has been recently. However, it gets out of hand and goes to the extreme. It's the best conference, but the difference is not as big as what some SEC elitists say. Listening to some folks in SEC country, you wouldnt think there is quality football played outside of the mighty SEC

anyway, I think we agree that it goes both ways. You can say that OU only scored 14. (however, the Gators total yardage against the Sooners was only 60 yards more than the total yardage that the Longhorns' had against the Sooners)....and I can say that Florida only scored 24 points, while Texas almost hung 50 (however, the total yardage for the Gators was similar to the total yardage for the Longhorns against the Gators)
I agree with pretty much all of that. I believe the SEC has been the best conference this decade, with a few years of exception, but it's not like the SEC are teams 33-44 of the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove