Rexis
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 2k10 Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm a big fan of small details:

1. I would like to see the baseball realistically react to the objects it hits (in foul territory but especially after homeruns). I'd like to see the ball splash into water rather than dissapear. I'd like to see it bounce off of the dugout's nooks and crannies rather than inexplicably rolling up a wall. Real reactions to hitting real things.

1.5 Seeing how I have an infatuation with watching where the ball lands on homeruns, I'd like it better if the homerun derby camera stuck with the baseball for one extra second or two. As it is now, the camera appears to follow the flight of the ball all the way down until it hits, then it cuts away immediately, leaving no real chance to admire your work.

Clearly has been mentioned, but reiteration never hurts:

2. Ability to edit batting stances

3. Ability to edit starting opposing pitchers and lineups in exhibition.

4. Larger create-a-player limit

5. Limitless editing of current players

6. Playoff atmosphere improvements (proper decorations, custom commentary, thorough World Series and LCS celebrations). The World Series felt and looked no different than an interleague regular season series.

7. Better control of outfielders interacting with the outfield wall (user and computer). The computer often became disoriented when fielding hits near or off the wall. Conversely, it appeared very difficult to even attempt to rob a homerun, let alone actually snag one.

8. Improved baserunning A.I.

9. I scoffed at this notion when a critic pointed this out at the game's outset but. . .slower moving clouds.

10. Unique Home Run celebrations (I think Bernie the Brewer was gone this year?). Each park has a little something (often represented in 2K7).

11. Body interactions amongst fielders and baserunners. The inability to run through the 1st baseman. Take-out slides at second. Awareness of people around you.

12. A little sketchy on this one, but maybe a reintroduction of a botched call and ensuing arguments.

13. Were beanball warnings and ejections removed from the game this year? Sometimes bean balls did not phase the hitters. They didn't react to them.

14. Ballgirls

15. Scattering amongst players and other personel after hard shots lined foul.

16. Tuned bat sounds.

17. More retro jerseys (1980's Tigers present in 2007, removed in '09?)

18. Rain

19. Ability to start a ballgame at any time of day (as in 2K7)

20. Improved sunglasses and regular glasses (sunglasses appeared to have grey lenses)

21. Improved mitts

22. Harder, more realistic appearing trucking of catchers at homeplate.

23. Animations for making leaning, lunging, diving and falling plays in foul territory.

24. Small one: loved how the crowd stood up and prepared for a ball landing in their area, but there always seemed to be a person or two who would jump in the air clearly after the ball had landed. . .perhaps that could be addressed. It was equivalent to a defender jumping to block someone's jump shot after the ball had already gone through the net. Obviously such a small detail, but may as well be noted.

25. Classic teams with fictional (though editable) players. Real ratings, fake appearances and numbers.
rite on man

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant