Home

MLB 2k10 Wish List

This is a discussion on MLB 2k10 Wish List within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2k10 Wish List

Id like to see some sort of superstar mode like EA has in their football games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 2

Man, I just hope MLB 2K10 is more playable next year.

I played MLB 2K9 for a couple months. Well, I didn't I actually play it. I tried tweaking it for a couple months, then gave up on it.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #67
Rookie

jgofett's Arena

OVR: 5

Not sure if it has been brought up, but I'd like to see some rainouts and some double header makeup dates, would force you to manage your pen and bench a little iwth the energy ratings.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

if mlb the show series was on 360 we wouldn't be having these problems
Old 08-29-2009, 12:57 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaturedog
if mlb the show series was on 360 we wouldn't be having these problems
agreed...my son has it for his ps2. i can't imagine this game on a next-gen system.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:29 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

don't compare the show with ps2. compare it was ps3, think wat it would be like with 360
Old 08-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm a big fan of small details:

1. I would like to see the baseball realistically react to the objects it hits (in foul territory but especially after homeruns). I'd like to see the ball splash into water rather than dissapear. I'd like to see it bounce off of the dugout's nooks and crannies rather than inexplicably rolling up a wall. Real reactions to hitting real things.

1.5 Seeing how I have an infatuation with watching where the ball lands on homeruns, I'd like it better if the homerun derby camera stuck with the baseball for one extra second or two. As it is now, the camera appears to follow the flight of the ball all the way down until it hits, then it cuts away immediately, leaving no real chance to admire your work.

Clearly has been mentioned, but reiteration never hurts:

2. Ability to edit batting stances

3. Ability to edit starting opposing pitchers and lineups in exhibition.

4. Larger create-a-player limit

5. Limitless editing of current players

6. Playoff atmosphere improvements (proper decorations, custom commentary, thorough World Series and LCS celebrations). The World Series felt and looked no different than an interleague regular season series.

7. Better control of outfielders interacting with the outfield wall (user and computer). The computer often became disoriented when fielding hits near or off the wall. Conversely, it appeared very difficult to even attempt to rob a homerun, let alone actually snag one.

8. Improved baserunning A.I.

9. I scoffed at this notion when a critic pointed this out at the game's outset but. . .slower moving clouds.

10. Unique Home Run celebrations (I think Bernie the Brewer was gone this year?). Each park has a little something (often represented in 2K7).

11. Body interactions amongst fielders and baserunners. The inability to run through the 1st baseman. Take-out slides at second. Awareness of people around you.

12. A little sketchy on this one, but maybe a reintroduction of a botched call and ensuing arguments.

13. Were beanball warnings and ejections removed from the game this year? Sometimes bean balls did not phase the hitters. They didn't react to them.

14. Ballgirls

15. Scattering amongst players and other personel after hard shots lined foul.

16. Tuned bat sounds.

17. More retro jerseys (1980's Tigers present in 2007, removed in '09?)

18. Rain

19. Ability to start a ballgame at any time of day (as in 2K7)

20. Improved sunglasses and regular glasses (sunglasses appeared to have grey lenses)

21. Improved mitts

22. Harder, more realistic appearing trucking of catchers at homeplate.

23. Animations for making leaning, lunging, diving and falling plays in foul territory.

24. Small one: loved how the crowd stood up and prepared for a ball landing in their area, but there always seemed to be a person or two who would jump in the air clearly after the ball had landed. . .perhaps that could be addressed. It was equivalent to a defender jumping to block someone's jump shot after the ball had already gone through the net. Obviously such a small detail, but may as well be noted.

25. Classic teams with fictional (though editable) players. Real ratings, fake appearances and numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #72
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm a big fan of small details:

1. I would like to see the baseball realistically react to the objects it hits (in foul territory but especially after homeruns). I'd like to see the ball splash into water rather than dissapear. I'd like to see it bounce off of the dugout's nooks and crannies rather than inexplicably rolling up a wall. Real reactions to hitting real things.

1.5 Seeing how I have an infatuation with watching where the ball lands on homeruns, I'd like it better if the homerun derby camera stuck with the baseball for one extra second or two. As it is now, the camera appears to follow the flight of the ball all the way down until it hits, then it cuts away immediately, leaving no real chance to admire your work.

Clearly has been mentioned, but reiteration never hurts:

2. Ability to edit batting stances

3. Ability to edit starting opposing pitchers and lineups in exhibition.

4. Larger create-a-player limit

5. Limitless editing of current players

6. Playoff atmosphere improvements (proper decorations, custom commentary, thorough World Series and LCS celebrations). The World Series felt and looked no different than an interleague regular season series.

7. Better control of outfielders interacting with the outfield wall (user and computer). The computer often became disoriented when fielding hits near or off the wall. Conversely, it appeared very difficult to even attempt to rob a homerun, let alone actually snag one.

8. Improved baserunning A.I.

9. I scoffed at this notion when a critic pointed this out at the game's outset but. . .slower moving clouds.

10. Unique Home Run celebrations (I think Bernie the Brewer was gone this year?). Each park has a little something (often represented in 2K7).

11. Body interactions amongst fielders and baserunners. The inability to run through the 1st baseman. Take-out slides at second. Awareness of people around you.

12. A little sketchy on this one, but maybe a reintroduction of a botched call and ensuing arguments.

13. Were beanball warnings and ejections removed from the game this year? Sometimes bean balls did not phase the hitters. They didn't react to them.

14. Ballgirls

15. Scattering amongst players and other personel after hard shots lined foul.

16. Tuned bat sounds.

17. More retro jerseys (1980's Tigers present in 2007, removed in '09?)

18. Rain

19. Ability to start a ballgame at any time of day (as in 2K7)

20. Improved sunglasses and regular glasses (sunglasses appeared to have grey lenses)

21. Improved mitts

22. Harder, more realistic appearing trucking of catchers at homeplate.

23. Animations for making leaning, lunging, diving and falling plays in foul territory.

24. Small one: loved how the crowd stood up and prepared for a ball landing in their area, but there always seemed to be a person or two who would jump in the air clearly after the ball had landed. . .perhaps that could be addressed. It was equivalent to a defender jumping to block someone's jump shot after the ball had already gone through the net. Obviously such a small detail, but may as well be noted.

25. Classic teams with fictional (though editable) players. Real ratings, fake appearances and numbers.
rite on man

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »