View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #252
grunt
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
The answer to that question is Money. The game releases each year just as the excitement of a new NFL season is taking off. OTA's , training camps, pre season games. The game will always release with a short Dev cycle because it can. Year after year this game comes out with lot's of issues yet we all still buy it.

Why would EA change something that takes in millions of dollars each year. If EA knows they are going to sell half a million or more copies of a game at $60.00 each you can bet that game is going to be in stores at the same time each year, broken or not. It's about Money not the quality of the game.

It will never happen but if everyone just took one year off from buying this game that is all it would take. Just imagine the headline "Madden 11 sells 72 copies in first 3 months, EA stock plummets."
EA needs to change because they are losing customers. This isn't a knock on EA nd Madden but sport games in general. I use to spend close to $500 a year alone on sport games. I would buy the baseball games, football games, basketball games, tennis games, and the hockey games. In the last calendar year I only picked up Madden 10. The cult of the patch was cool at first but not it seem more like a sham that doesn't really fix anything.

An ounce of prevention ( more time and resources in development) is better than a pound of patches.

Peace