View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #46
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Watch Ray Lewis the next time the Ravens play

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I never said he was horrible but he is becoming more of a liability. Can we agree that he is at age where there be one game that he won't have it anymore. Ray football IQ will only take him so far before Ozzie start drafting/signing free agents to replace him.

Again, I don't think that was ever the point of dispute since this is something that happens for every player. It seemed like another underlying discourse was at play that caused the kick back.

Now, when you say becoming more of a liability what do you mean? If by liability you guys mean it is disadvantageous to use him I disagree with the claim completely for a few reasons, one of which I stated in a previous post. It would be more disadvantageous at this point to not have him on the field. Secondly, you cannot mean a liability in coverage because the coaches know this and they do not ask him to cover TE's man to man nor wide receivers. He covers backs on swing passes just fine. He's not a liability against the run, he gets other players in the front 7 on D in position, he's the signal caller, so I'm not sure what you guys mean he's "becoming a liability." His physical skills are on the decline sure, but does that mean he's a liability? Not necessarily.