Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #63
HealyMonster
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: LMAO At Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
On a related note, a thought just occured to me. I wonder how the "hot seat" will affect whether or not Fisher puts in VY? A couple of weeks ago, Fisher probably felt fairly safe. He'd had bad seasons before, and didn't get fired. Besides, he was coming off a 13-3 season --- Bud would cut him some slack for the off year. But then the New England game happened. Then the Colts jersey thing. At this point, at least from Fisher's perspective, he's gotta be wondering if he'll still have a job come January. He's repeatedly said that "Kerry Collins gives us our best chance to win" and he knows that the only way he keeps his job is if he starts winning some games. So does he stick with Kerry Collins because he feels that it gives him the best chance of keeping his job?

Alternatively, Bud might force him to play VY. Which would be kinda funny --- Fisher would have to pull VY out of his doghouse, put him in the game, and hope that VY wins some games. You could say that Fisher's job security would be in VY's hands.

Id put money on Collins starting the next game. I question what the intentions of fisher are at that point IE saving face or rep/ planning for the future. It doesnt appear Collins thinks there is a chance he wont be starting. Coming off a bye when your 0-6 is relatively the "perfect time" to start looking at the future of you ask me so if VY doesnt come out as the starter on week 8 then we know whats up