View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
freekbird
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

I agree with your points but I don't really think it needs to be removed, just modified. Like other people have said, the only thing the overall rating actually determines is how much money they make in a franchise and where they are on the CPUs depth chart.

My proposal is to make the ratings more like they were in head coach. Make them system based, and add in a rating for production. I suggest making the production modifier even more weighted than in HC though, because realistically what changes players ratings in madden update to update and year to year? What casuses teams to pay players more money or put them higher on the depth chart? Production.

And the previous post about removing other ratings I completely disagree with. In my opinion the more ratings the better because it makes the players different from one another. I've also often thought about the idea of having the players actual rating hidden from the player, and depending on how good your scout is he gives you letter grade ratings for pertinent things.

For Example:

Current system: John Smith - QB - SPD-67, STR-65, AGI-67, ACC-62, AWR-71, THP-94, THA-78, etc etc.

My Proposal, keep the ratings the same but hide them from the player, and you get: John Smith - QB - Athletism-C+, Arm-B, Intangibles-C

Obviously it would be more in depth, but I think it would make getting new players a lot more interesting to have to actually analyze everyone.