View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #24
Dmacho
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Keep the overall rating but give us an option in Franchise to hide it - because the computer needs to calculate how much the player makes but if the OVR was hidden, it would be great cause you will have to actually look at the other ratings instead of signing a guy cause hes a 95 overall.

it will also make you think "alright he has 88 run block and 79 pass block but 55 impact blocking and 62 foot work. and another guy will have 78 run block, 83 run block and 82 footwork and 81 foot work." who would you choose? the guy with the 88 run block and 79 pass block may have the higher rating but you would probably go for the other guy cause he has good footwork and definately the good pick up.

so yeah keep the OVR, but give us the option to have it hidden
I would love it if EA would allow us to decide which attributes we want hidden. If I had that choice, I would hide every thing accept speed, agility and strength. That way,for an example, if I was trying to aquire a good passing rushing defensive end, I couldn't just look at his finesse or power moves; I'd have to look at his production to gage wether he is a good player or not; that's what coaches have to do in real life.