Home

An idea about removing overalls in the future

This is a discussion on An idea about removing overalls in the future within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #17
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

I'd like to see overall ratings done away with. I'd change the rating system a bit to be more user friendly to compensate, but there would be no overall. For example, a qb would still have all their accuracy ratings, and those would be averaged out to an overall accuracy rating. Same for blocking, running, etc.

But that's what it would be like in my perfect world. I understand most people wouldn't like this, which means not only will they not do it, they shouldn't do it. I'll live.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Keep the overall rating but give us an option in Franchise to hide it - because the computer needs to calculate how much the player makes but if the OVR was hidden, it would be great cause you will have to actually look at the other ratings instead of signing a guy cause hes a 95 overall.

it will also make you think "alright he has 88 run block and 79 pass block but 55 impact blocking and 62 foot work. and another guy will have 78 run block, 83 run block and 82 footwork and 81 foot work." who would you choose? the guy with the 88 run block and 79 pass block may have the higher rating but you would probably go for the other guy cause he has good footwork and definately the good pick up.

so yeah keep the OVR, but give us the option to have it hidden
Old 11-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Or why not move the relevant ratings for each player to the left and move OVR to the far right? I hate having to scroll forever and a day to find out my kickers rating for kick power/accuracy for example, why not just have the screen setup so you can see relevant ratings immediately by group?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Or why not move the relevant ratings for each player to the left and move OVR to the far right? I hate having to scroll forever and a day to find out my kickers rating for kick power/accuracy for example, why not just have the screen setup so you can see relevant ratings immediately by group?
Very much agree. If they got rid of overalls and had the important ratings starring you in the face it would be amazing. If i could do it myself...

[Player Pic] Player Name - QB
[ ] College : University 1
[ ] Draft : Round 1 Pick 1

Now i havent opened madden in about a month but when you go to player skills where season and career stats is it only lists the important ones and I dont believe it includes overall. So why doesnt it only list those for this QB pos. Then when i went to change his pos to say HB it would tell me if i did that his HB skill sets are.... I dont understand why i have to know how well my SS plays QB or HB. I am not suggesting not giving them ratings i am saying keep it the way it is other then ovr but when you are in depth chart only show the relative ratings to that position.You can still go to player management to see your players full set of ratings.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i have always wanted every sports game to hide overall ratings.. why? i dont know...
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

They had a TV show dedicated to discussing Madden ratings (with Rich Eisen).
Old 11-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

A happy medium would be to simply hide the overalls in franchise mode, but show them in head to head modes.

It's simply isn't realistic to have overalls in the franchise mode. You should have to look at production as well as speed, strength, catching, tackling or whatever attributes apply to the player's position that you're evaluating.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Keep the overall rating but give us an option in Franchise to hide it - because the computer needs to calculate how much the player makes but if the OVR was hidden, it would be great cause you will have to actually look at the other ratings instead of signing a guy cause hes a 95 overall.

it will also make you think "alright he has 88 run block and 79 pass block but 55 impact blocking and 62 foot work. and another guy will have 78 run block, 83 run block and 82 footwork and 81 foot work." who would you choose? the guy with the 88 run block and 79 pass block may have the higher rating but you would probably go for the other guy cause he has good footwork and definately the good pick up.

so yeah keep the OVR, but give us the option to have it hidden
I would love it if EA would allow us to decide which attributes we want hidden. If I had that choice, I would hide every thing accept speed, agility and strength. That way,for an example, if I was trying to aquire a good passing rushing defensive end, I couldn't just look at his finesse or power moves; I'd have to look at his production to gage wether he is a good player or not; that's what coaches have to do in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »