View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
headsigh
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: What Would Make NCAA 2011 a Must-Have Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclancy
EA Insiders were sent an email this week asking them which three features they most want to see in 2011's NCAA game. As best as I can remember them, here were some of the options (there were 10-15 options):

-End of Season Coaching Carousel - new coach impacts team's style of play & recruiting.

-"QB Vision" camera angle

-TV Style Presentation

-Spread offense with 'look to sidelines for play' during gameplay/at line of scrimmage.

-Change play at LOS once defense is set (read & react, I guess?)

-Real life coaches in the game on sidelines (well, digital versions...)

-Athletic Director Mode with Stadium Build options.

There were several others too. I tried to log back in to do a cut-and-paste but it wouldn't allow me to ("Your responses for this study have already been received, thank you.")

I like the first three for sure! Some of the others? Not so much. I don't recall much that affected Dynasty which I think needs a revamp -- it's stale.
How would that work? Like a mini-menu?

anyway

1) Presentation: For the ps2 versions, there would be a window if it were a regional/national broadcast, along with the announcers mentioning things like "And the states of -insert schools here-" are watching intently or talking about it being a national broadcast, etc. It was a nice touch. Like in Madden, where there would be broadcast/announcing/crowd differences, I think it would be a neat touch if say ABC Saturday Night Football had a different atmosphere than maybe a Big 10 Network or something to that effect. Maybe it's too time constraining to have different announcing crews, but things like different score tickers corresponding for CBS, ESPN, NBC, and FOX for BCS bowl games.

Along with that, perhaps a ESPNU segment similar to The Extra Point to cover what's happening each week. It doesn't have to be extensive- show the score of a couple games, mention who was performing, go over the polls, maybe do something about recruiting if you can.

2) Gameplay: Pro-Tak needs to be the football engine used for all of EA's gridiron football games- if they bring the AFL back? Pro-tak. If they make a CFL Grey Cup 11 or Flutie UFL 11? Pro-tak. While not perfect, Pro-Tak is a serious improvement over previous editions and it's the best you can get short of licensing the Euphoria enigne or stealing 2k's. Using inferior engines when you have no excuse is pretty weak; I'd be sorely disappointed if NCAA11 failed to update it's engine. The game should also have game speed functions, seriously.

3) Playability: The Online Dynasty was nice, but it would be good to add onto that. Just deepen the rabbit hole, so to speak. Bowl/National Title teams ('01 Hurricanes, '95 Nebraska for example). The ability to maybe create a conference with different teams for use in offline dynasty. Achievements based on maybe stuff like winning games with all sorts of teams and situations, like a mode like Madden Moments where you are tasked with recreating situations. Like, one Moment, you play as Ole Miss and try to upset Florida, the next you play as Texas Tech with seconds on the clock to beat Texas, etc.

4) Customization: I've recently received NHL10 and I seriously enjoy the Be A Pro customization. There's the ability to edit your gear and change the colors, borders, size, etc.. The ability to edit all of the features of players would be helpful, considering the state of the license with NCAA where you can't actually have real players in the video games I think it's an opportunity to build off of Teambuilder and perhaps institute a sort of Player-Builder for use in things like Campus Legend, etc..

Other things:
-The ability to create ps2 style playbooks (mix and match formations)

-Licensed coaches