Home

What Would Make NCAA 2011 a Must-Have Game?

This is a discussion on What Would Make NCAA 2011 a Must-Have Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: What Would Make NCAA 2011 a Must-Have Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclancy
EA Insiders were sent an email this week asking them which three features they most want to see in 2011's NCAA game. As best as I can remember them, here were some of the options (there were 10-15 options):

-End of Season Coaching Carousel - new coach impacts team's style of play & recruiting.

-"QB Vision" camera angle

-TV Style Presentation

-Spread offense with 'look to sidelines for play' during gameplay/at line of scrimmage.

-Change play at LOS once defense is set (read & react, I guess?)

-Real life coaches in the game on sidelines (well, digital versions...)

-Athletic Director Mode with Stadium Build options.

There were several others too. I tried to log back in to do a cut-and-paste but it wouldn't allow me to ("Your responses for this study have already been received, thank you.")

I like the first three for sure! Some of the others? Not so much. I don't recall much that affected Dynasty which I think needs a revamp -- it's stale.
How would that work? Like a mini-menu?

anyway

1) Presentation: For the ps2 versions, there would be a window if it were a regional/national broadcast, along with the announcers mentioning things like "And the states of -insert schools here-" are watching intently or talking about it being a national broadcast, etc. It was a nice touch. Like in Madden, where there would be broadcast/announcing/crowd differences, I think it would be a neat touch if say ABC Saturday Night Football had a different atmosphere than maybe a Big 10 Network or something to that effect. Maybe it's too time constraining to have different announcing crews, but things like different score tickers corresponding for CBS, ESPN, NBC, and FOX for BCS bowl games.

Along with that, perhaps a ESPNU segment similar to The Extra Point to cover what's happening each week. It doesn't have to be extensive- show the score of a couple games, mention who was performing, go over the polls, maybe do something about recruiting if you can.

2) Gameplay: Pro-Tak needs to be the football engine used for all of EA's gridiron football games- if they bring the AFL back? Pro-tak. If they make a CFL Grey Cup 11 or Flutie UFL 11? Pro-tak. While not perfect, Pro-Tak is a serious improvement over previous editions and it's the best you can get short of licensing the Euphoria enigne or stealing 2k's. Using inferior engines when you have no excuse is pretty weak; I'd be sorely disappointed if NCAA11 failed to update it's engine. The game should also have game speed functions, seriously.

3) Playability: The Online Dynasty was nice, but it would be good to add onto that. Just deepen the rabbit hole, so to speak. Bowl/National Title teams ('01 Hurricanes, '95 Nebraska for example). The ability to maybe create a conference with different teams for use in offline dynasty. Achievements based on maybe stuff like winning games with all sorts of teams and situations, like a mode like Madden Moments where you are tasked with recreating situations. Like, one Moment, you play as Ole Miss and try to upset Florida, the next you play as Texas Tech with seconds on the clock to beat Texas, etc.

4) Customization: I've recently received NHL10 and I seriously enjoy the Be A Pro customization. There's the ability to edit your gear and change the colors, borders, size, etc.. The ability to edit all of the features of players would be helpful, considering the state of the license with NCAA where you can't actually have real players in the video games I think it's an opportunity to build off of Teambuilder and perhaps institute a sort of Player-Builder for use in things like Campus Legend, etc..

Other things:
-The ability to create ps2 style playbooks (mix and match formations)

-Licensed coaches
Old 11-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #18
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

whats with you guys and majority of this fluff crap. the gameplay is absolutely terrible. lets see

fix hook zones for god sake. every single year this is broken. for those of you who do not know, when you line up on either of the hash marks, the linebackers do no play the correct zones. when your the qb moves out of the pocket, the defense does not align itself correctly either.

broken this year, the left tackle does not block correctly, hell the line does not slide protect correctly either. how the hell did this not get fixed before the game went live?

player stats like strength and weight actually mean something. 150 lbs defensive back should get pancacked every single time a lineman blocks them. a 300+ lbs nosetackle requires 2 lineman to block.

more blocking, how about finally making the lineman block the option correctly? seriously how is this ignored every single year. if any one actually reads this from EA. PRO TIP: THE LINEMAN ARE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE A SINGLE DEFENSIVE LINEMAN UNBLOCKED SO THAT THE QB CAN OPTION BASED ON THE READ.

how about adding actual precision passing? granted coverage needs to be fixed before this should be implemented, but if i wanted to underthrow the ball so that my receiver can adjust for the catch, i should be able to do so.

get rid of the stupid gameplans and run commits if you can not make them work properly.

/rant off
Old 11-21-2009, 10:44 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
Bowl games need to feel different from regular season games and also the National Championship game has to be made to look very, very unique. They need to bring back the bowl patches (for the life of me can't understand why this hasn't been brought back yet), have the announcers talk about the particular bowl game, its history, how the two teams got there, and other upcoming bowl match-ups.

The Heisman Trophy presentation should be its own show. They need to expand on the 06' version to show all of the candidates, talk about their season and how they got there, interviews, etc. I think Fowler, Corso, and Herbstreit narrate the coverage in rl.

Finally, two areas that have been in previous NCAA Football versions but have been left out: the Senior Bowl and Spring Games. I own a copy of NCAA Football 98 and it still has the East-West Shrine Game. However, for some odd reason, this game along with any other postseason all star games, are missing from future titles. At least one all star game needs to be implemented into the game. Thus, NCAA users who are also Madden users, will be able to evaluate NFL draft talent.

The Spring Game was introduced in the PS2 version of NCAA 08', but has been MIA from new-gen. The Spring Game is a great way to evaluate your team and see which players to start, bench, or redshirt. It also gives you, perhaps, your only opportunity to play with a few incoming freshman who might be redshirted for the upcoming year.
Agreed 100%. All these features should be in, no excuses. You have more memory and disc space to work with in the PS3 and 360, and you don't have these features that the PS2 and XBOX had=unacceptable.

I hope NCAA Basketball has great sales numbers, because that may send the NCAA Football dev team a message. That is: if you actually improve your game, more people will buy it. I bought NCAA Basketball for the presentation upgrades alone, and I've been loving the game since Day 1, not just for the presentation.

NCAA Football has been a carbon-copy of itself since the first Next-Gen edition until now. The same boring, stripped down, plain football game.

I hope the dev team listens to what their fanbase wants for next year's game, because if so, that game would be unreal.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 33

If the team re-masters NCAA 06 with updated rosters and a CBS & ESPN commentary team like NCAA Basketball 10.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 37

No list is complete without:

1. Formation Subs
2. Custom playbooks
3. Pre-game show / players warming up

** Note: I totally agree about FCS teams. It's so simple they have ALL been created on teambuilder. EA just needs to import them and put them all in generic high school stadiums and were done. I can't take another year of FCS north.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

1 - Formation Subs

2 - Create a Play/Playbook

3 - Coaching Staff - Doesn't have to be too in depth, but I at least want an OC, a DC and a STC, although positional coaches would be nice.

4 - Coaching Carousel
Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 31

Make the dynasty mode about coaches!!

Add all the elements that coaches decide (playbook, playing time, in game decisions, recruiting, coaching staff etc...)

Then during games presentation!
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Formation subs would be awesome. Create a playbook, create a play etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »