Home

What Would Make NCAA 2011 a Must-Have Game?

This is a discussion on What Would Make NCAA 2011 a Must-Have Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What Would Make NCAA 2011 a Must-Have Game?

Dynamic updates would help.

Let's say they knew beforehand of the Under Armour Wounded Warriors Project camouflage uniforms for Maryland and South Carolina and also the new Nike uniforms for Florida, Texas, Ohio State, FSU, etc.

Thus, they could use the dynamic updates feature to add in the new uniforms hopefully before they make it onto the actual field.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39

NCAA 06 with new equipment & next gen graphics.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

Bowl games need to feel different from regular season games and also the National Championship game has to be made to look very, very unique. They need to bring back the bowl patches (for the life of me can't understand why this hasn't been brought back yet), have the announcers talk about the particular bowl game, its history, how the two teams got there, and other upcoming bowl match-ups.

The Heisman Trophy presentation should be its own show. They need to expand on the 06' version to show all of the candidates, talk about their season and how they got there, interviews, etc. I think Fowler, Corso, and Herbstreit narrate the coverage in rl.

Finally, two areas that have been in previous NCAA Football versions but have been left out: the Senior Bowl and Spring Games. I own a copy of NCAA Football 98 and it still has the East-West Shrine Game. However, for some odd reason, this game along with any other postseason all star games, are missing from future titles. At least one all star game needs to be implemented into the game. Thus, NCAA users who are also Madden users, will be able to evaluate NFL draft talent.

The Spring Game was introduced in the PS2 version of NCAA 08', but has been MIA from new-gen. The Spring Game is a great way to evaluate your team and see which players to start, bench, or redshirt. It also gives you, perhaps, your only opportunity to play with a few incoming freshman who might be redshirted for the upcoming year.

Last edited by The Gunslinger; 11-20-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: NCAA Football 98' instead of NCAA Football 97'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Improved camera angles!

Old 11-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

I understand why people do this and all, but it doesn't help, EA doesn't care what it's hardcore fans what, they know we will buy the game every year, they only care about the fans that buy the game and trade it in when madden comes in..
Old 11-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

This is what I posted in another post. Thoughts?

NCAA 11 needs a lot of things added. A lot of people want the FCS teams but I could hold off on some of it for game play fixes. But As we all know history repeats its self so we'll get the usual additions:

- ONE feature from the PS2/Xbox versions thats branded NEW - medical redshirts, player discipline, possibly even some FCS teams

-Pointless cheese add-ons you have to buy (this was new but you know they'll come up with more)

-One or two gameplay problems will be actually be fixed

-More teams will be given their correct stadium and stadiums with new additions will be updated

-Possibly ONE new feature of the many that people want or will trick them into buying the game:

1) New plays/formations

2) DLC jerseys (I think that would be smart seeing as a lot of people complain about their teams new jerseys not being in the game)

3) DLC/Dynamic update playbooks/plays/formations (would be good for teams that have incorporated the wildcat or made up new plays/formations. Hopefully a predator 3-4 formation like on Madden)

4) Create-a-playbook (This would be simple: choose an offense type, pick a set amount of formations and your plays are preset in that formation according to your offense type)

5) The Madden stuff: Defensive Assignments, Formation Subs, maybe even 3rd Down Running Back in the Depth Chart.

6) Broadcast Integration with ESPN - If they add another I believe it will be ABC because they already have Herbie and I think they know the NCAA fans would riot if they added CBS and we had to listen to Verne and that other guy (This is coming from an Alabama fan so I'm not bashing the SEC I just think Ray Charles and Hellen Keller would be a better broadcast team)

7) More in-depth dynasty mode (so much wrong with dynasty mode: you should have to scout recruits more, allow people to set neutral site games, add offensive/defensive coordinators with generic names, head coach's likenesses should be used like in EA's NCAA Basketball games plus the stuff I mentioned earlier that was in the last-gen games)
Old 11-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #15
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Slow the damn game speed. It's too damn arcadish.

New commentators. Let's face it Lee and Kirk is not the greatest commentators. Let them have their own show "College Gameday" with their predictions and game analysis but PLEASE DO NOT let them call a game.

Dynamic Attendance. If it's a blowout I want the fans to start leaving early in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

College Gameday Show. Have Lee and Kirk do a weekly gameshow but do not let them call a game. I am tired of hearing their commentating for the last 7-8 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA Insiders were sent an email this week asking them which three features they most want to see in 2011's NCAA game. As best as I can remember them, here were some of the options (there were 10-15 options):

-End of Season Coaching Carousel - new coach impacts team's style of play & recruiting.

-"QB Vision" camera angle

-TV Style Presentation

-Spread offense with 'look to sidelines for play' during gameplay/at line of scrimmage.

-Change play at LOS once defense is set (read & react, I guess?)

-Real life coaches in the game on sidelines (well, digital versions...)

-Athletic Director Mode with Stadium Build options.

There were several others too. I tried to log back in to do a cut-and-paste but it wouldn't allow me to ("Your responses for this study have already been received, thank you.")

I like the first three for sure! Some of the others? Not so much. I don't recall much that affected Dynasty which I think needs a revamp -- it's stale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »