View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #88
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

I don't see a problem with it.

I do know that there are some receivers you really don't want to bump, so there's a built-in, ratings-dependent thing to help deal.

I like the motion routes that eliminate the possibility of the bump (my playbook has a few of them). Wheel routes from the inside of the formation can sometimes come wide open with the playcall as-is, and with a good throw can leave BNR hurting.

And I like bunch sets because of the rubs they can create. There are some nice ones that require no hot routing.

And the ones that create illegal contact, I don't really have a problem with that either. I've seen my WR/TE get bumped and made to stumble by LBz in a zone beyond the 5 yard marker, and I look at it as an evening out.

I think the best way to avoid the needless back and forth between the same three people is to have the people who have super strident convictions about what should/should not be done just write their own manual/gameplay guide, post a link to it, and leave it at that. That way, people who want to be told how to play to make someone else happy know where to look.