Home

Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

This is a discussion on Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2009, 05:50 AM   #81
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
RMoody sayed it he labbed it, and the tip worked every single time. Have you labbed it? Were RMoody's findings inaccurate? (I don't know, I haven't labbed it)
Yes, I have, and know it doesn't work every single time b/c the Cpu A.I. doesn't global BnR every single time.

Now on the other hand if I'm playing online and my opp. is using engage 8 every play, and I keep dumping it off to my running back for plus yardage, thats just using a certain offensive strategy to beat a defensive startegy, that doesn't mean its a glitch.
Thats the same ex. here.

Quote:
To me, real strategy would be using a screen to beat a blitz, or using a post against a cover 3 at the WR position, or via the slot depending on which side the safety is lined up, or using a corner route to break a Cover 2 zone. Things like that is what I consider real football strategy.
So is using bunch sets to beat BnR man coverage. I see this strategy even on Sundays!

Quote:
I agree it's a game tip, but I just don't see it as a football/strategy tip.
Well the OP is showing us a video game tip, which is also used as football strategy.
At least we both can agree its a video game tip
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 AM   #82
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Yes, I have, and know it doesn't work every single time b/c the Cpu A.I. doesn't global BnR every single time.
Your example is rather silly. Are you new to the boards? RMoody is saying it works every time based on the defensive coverage the OP provided. i.e. He labbed it and ever single time the illegal contact / rub works against the given defense and the adaptive AI is unable to adapt.

Quote:
Now on the other hand if I'm playing online and my opp. is using engage 8 every play, and I keep dumping it off to my running back for plus yardage, thats just using a certain offensive strategy to beat a defensive startegy, that doesn't mean its a glitch.

So is using bunch sets to beat BnR man coverage. I see this strategy even on Sundays!

Well the OP is showing us a video game tip, which is also used as football strategy.
Bah, I'm not going to argue the fact that it's a glitch with you, believe what you want. It's people thinking game play like this tip represents good football strategy that really turns me off to the Madden community. This is the type of stuff you see on Madden nation, or in Madden tournaments.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Now imo this(video) is just a good tip to beat those guys that like to abuse the global BnR D.
I don't see this tip being a glitch at all.

I guess if the cpu A.I. called the global BnR every play and this same thing happened on every play, then I would consider it a glitch. But thats not the case. So I don't.

Again, its got nothing to do with "global BnR", and everything to do with setting your hot routes to insure the WR at the line runs right into the DB. Watch the video, Woodson is playing 10 yards off the line, thats hardly press coverage.

Watching the video again, you might wanna notice that Jackson is open on the Post and the Slant when covered by Al Harris.

Your admitting that if a guys calls BnR coverage, you would use this to beat it because you think the games BnR animations are glitchy. Therefore this makes it ok for you to set up a glitch play in return, that turn about is fair play.

Again, the problem is in this example, your not doing this against press coverage. Which is exactaly why when I labbed this against different defenders. Its the routes being run that set the pick, its got nothing to do with the DB.

I suppose what we have here is the age old debate of what "Madden Ball" has become. I guess some of you feel hot routing your players to run into defenders to get your guys open is strategy or makes you a better or smarter player than your opponent. However, some argue (like myself) that when you modify a play where you get a pre determined result, then your just cheating.

Thats the difference between real NFL strategy and "stick skills". On Sunday, not one NFL coach can call an offensive play and be 100% certain of a positive outcome, right down to the WR who will get open. In Madden, specifically with this play, thats just not the case. There is zero strategy in knowing the outcome of a play before you call it.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 11-22-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #84
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
He labbed it and ever single time the illegal contact / rub works against the given defense and the adaptive AI is unable to adapt.
I could say the same thing for screens passes when the D is playing engage 8. Or screens against zone, or screens against man D.
You say screen passes are legit, but not Bunch sets, lol.

Quote:
Bah, I'm not going to argue the fact that it's a glitch with you, believe what you want.
I will, and you do the same, b/c I could say the same for your "real" football strategy to use screen passes to beat the D.
Quote:
To me, real strategy would be using a screen to beat a blitz
Again, if I see someone abusing BnR on me, Im going to call similar plays like this until they back off.
Its not real football to call BnR every play anyway, the cpu a.i. never does this when I play them.

So for someone to say they labbed it, and it worked EVERYTIME, they would have to manipulate the D that was called to make them play press, EVERYTIME.
I could go to practice mode and make the D pick engage 8 and I could find an offense to counter it(ie. screens passes) that works EVERYTIME as well.

Say its a glitch, i say its depending on if the guy your playing is calling BnR every play or if he's making the calls on the D in the same game.

You say this tip is cheese, and I could say screens passes, wildcat, etc are in the same boat then.

I get tired of hearing guys that say they labbed something and it worked EVERYTIME.
Thats bogus, have him show us a video or some proof. I gurantee he's manipulating the D thats called too.

I could start a thread were screen passes work everytime too(if I manipulate the D thats called).
So just b/c he says its guaranteed every single time, doesn't mean jack.
Theres a ton of plays that I could get to work everytime b/c I was picking the same D over and over.

Now I'm done w/ this thread, thanks to some real sore gamers!

Last edited by dfos81; 11-22-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #85
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

The thing you fail to point out in your response is that the a screen is not a glitch, it's a legit play as are all of the other examples I provided which you failed to use in your response. In those examples, I'm using a legit offensive play to break a legit defensive play, where as you want to use an exploitative offensive play to break a legit defensive play. Those are two completely separate things.

So you're saying a NFL coach wouldn't call BnR every time if the offense had trouble with it? Or if he were facing a team that couldn't get off the bump? Sure he would. He'd use it to dominant the team.

Are you saying there's no legit way to beat BnR coverage? That you have to resort to a glitch? I don't play online, but I can't believe this tip is the only way to beat BnR coverage in Madden.

Can some of the Madden experts on the board explain the proper way to beat BnR in Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #86
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Are you saying there's no legit way to beat BnR coverage?
No, certain offensive strategies can beat certain D strategies, when used at the right time and vice versa. There is more than 1 way to beat BnR, this is one of them though. Belive what you want.

Quote:
Can some of the Madden experts on the board explain the proper way to beat BnR in Madden?
Can some of the experts also tell us that there is more than 1 way to skin a cat, come on dude.
Nobody is saying this is the ONLY WAY. Its ONE way though. Now time to watch some REAL football, C ya l8r
Old 11-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #87
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

What are the other ways that you know how to beat it dfos81?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I don't see a problem with it.

I do know that there are some receivers you really don't want to bump, so there's a built-in, ratings-dependent thing to help deal.

I like the motion routes that eliminate the possibility of the bump (my playbook has a few of them). Wheel routes from the inside of the formation can sometimes come wide open with the playcall as-is, and with a good throw can leave BNR hurting.

And I like bunch sets because of the rubs they can create. There are some nice ones that require no hot routing.

And the ones that create illegal contact, I don't really have a problem with that either. I've seen my WR/TE get bumped and made to stumble by LBz in a zone beyond the 5 yard marker, and I look at it as an evening out.

I think the best way to avoid the needless back and forth between the same three people is to have the people who have super strident convictions about what should/should not be done just write their own manual/gameplay guide, post a link to it, and leave it at that. That way, people who want to be told how to play to make someone else happy know where to look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »