Home

Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

This is a discussion on Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Clearly I "get it", after all you just rewrote what I had already posted and added "I dont understand what you dont get" infront of it. Setting a pick has got nothing to do with routing your players to cause a DB to run directly into another player at the snap of the ball.

Woodson isnt even close enough to jam Jackson, the pick is set only by the hot routing. I just told you, from my own experimenting this works with speed DB's just as well. The only times it wont work is if you change the routes to prevent the overlapping.

Im not sure what playing in game or in practice changes. In theroy players should recat the same in either mode.
Practice mode against man D, what play doesn't work in practice vs Man D? I play more practice mode than actual gameplay and it doesn't translate.

I have watched the video over and over, and at the 1:20 mark you obviously see Woodson stepping up to bump a reciever who's lined OFF(OFF)OFF the line of scrimmage.

If the reciever was on the line, he would be jammed.

The player running into him is running his route and Woodson gets in the way, not the other around. I ask again, what don't you get about that? That's what should happen.

There is nothing cheesy about it.

Man defense is the weakest defense in football, don't expect miracle coverage.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-23-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 AM   #106
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I question that assessment. I asked for him to provide other ways of beating BnR in Madden and he didn't provide one and yet he dismisses actual testing of the play when it's clear he hasn't tested it himself.
I know you didn't ask me, but there are plenty of ways to beat BnR man. I'll give you a few examples: doublemoves, HB slip screen, hiking a player in motion, PA passes, pumpfakes, throwing to the flats, using RB's out of the backfield, and my favorite- any levels-type play.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:40 AM   #107
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
I know you didn't ask me, but there are plenty of ways to beat BnR man. I'll give you a few examples: doublemoves, HB slip screen, hiking a player in motion, PA passes, pumpfakes, throwing to the flats, using RB's out of the backfield, and my favorite- any levels-type play.
Hmmm... that looks oddly familiar.

And these all work in Madden 10?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 AM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Hmmm... that looks oddly familiar.

And these all work in Madden 10?
All the stuff I listed worked on alot of the old Maddens just like on 10. Doublemoves used to be my bread and butter with the Colts, though this year against a good bump corner they seem a little too slow to develop, but they still work. Another play I use is the stretch, the bump sometimes puts the WR in position to make a good block which prevents the corner from sealing the edge fast enough. I re-read through the thread and saw that you wrote some of the same stuff, good tips.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-23-2009 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #109
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Im not sure what playing in game or in practice changes. In theroy players should recat the same in either mode.
In practice mode, the defense doesnt shift and adjust.

Lets say you call a run from I form Big with 2 TE's stacked on one side of the line.

In a game, the defense shifts to that side, if you flip the run, they shift again.

In practice mode, you can be stacked on one side and it doesn't matter, the defense doesnt shift. The defensive line stays stationary making a run to the strong side easy to execute.

The cornerbacks always adjust the exact same way too. Lets use the Big set as an example again.

We know there is only 1 WR out wide on a big set. Lets say the defense is in cover 2. The CB always lines up inside if there is no WR outside, zone or man, it doesn't matter.

There is no disguising, adjusting, freezing the D, or defenses calling audibles in practice mode.

That means practice mode is easy, predictable, and getting the same results becomes highly likely.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-23-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #110
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I question that assessment. I asked for him to provide other ways of beating BnR in Madden and he didn't provide one and yet he dismisses actual testing of the play when it's clear he hasn't tested it himself.
I'm not claiming to be a Madden guru,
Everyone else provided them for you. I did mention the pre-snap motion plays that are now in the Pbs for this Madden. I already said there is other plays to beat BnR, this is just one of them. I don't see the point in proving what we already know.

I just think this is fair play. If the Db wasn't so aggressively trying to Bump, he would've been in a better position to make a tackle or knock the ball down.
The video is clearly a disguised global BnR D, thats why the Dbs are 5yds off, they usually(sometimes the Dbs wiff) bump longer when you can disguise it.

As for Rmoody, practice mode doesn't have the adaptive A.I. that reg. games or franchise games do. So your theories on glitches could be skewed b/c of that.
Also that was cleary Bump N Run man coverage. I don't care how many times you say its not.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-23-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #111
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
Practice mode against man D, what play doesn't work in practice vs Man D? I play more practice mode than actual gameplay and it doesn't translate.

I have watched the video over and over, and at the 1:20 mark you obviously see Woodson stepping up to bump a reciever who's lined OFF(OFF)OFF the line of scrimmage.

If the reciever was on the line, he would be jammed.

The player running into him is running his route and Woodson gets in the way, not the other around. I ask again, what don't you get about that? That's what should happen.

There is nothing cheesy about it.

Man defense is the weakest defense in football, don't expect miracle coverage.
My setiments exactly, in games the A.I. adapts better then years past, so practice mode and games have a different feel this year.

Just b/c the Db didn't get a successful Bump, he thinks it wasn't BnR D. It was actually the disguised BnR D, one Db wiffed on the left, one Db jammed in the middle and another(Woodson) overpursed on his and got naturally rubbed off.

Now if he would go do this in games and see how many times it works before the A.I. adjust, he wouldn't even be arguing its a glitch.
He's doing his testing in practice mode and thats not all varying conditions in the game.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-23-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #112
Strategy

OVR: 36
good video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »