View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #105
MAHAM
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Clearly I "get it", after all you just rewrote what I had already posted and added "I dont understand what you dont get" infront of it. Setting a pick has got nothing to do with routing your players to cause a DB to run directly into another player at the snap of the ball.

Woodson isnt even close enough to jam Jackson, the pick is set only by the hot routing. I just told you, from my own experimenting this works with speed DB's just as well. The only times it wont work is if you change the routes to prevent the overlapping.

Im not sure what playing in game or in practice changes. In theroy players should recat the same in either mode.
Practice mode against man D, what play doesn't work in practice vs Man D? I play more practice mode than actual gameplay and it doesn't translate.

I have watched the video over and over, and at the 1:20 mark you obviously see Woodson stepping up to bump a reciever who's lined OFF(OFF)OFF the line of scrimmage.

If the reciever was on the line, he would be jammed.

The player running into him is running his route and Woodson gets in the way, not the other around. I ask again, what don't you get about that? That's what should happen.

There is nothing cheesy about it.

Man defense is the weakest defense in football, don't expect miracle coverage.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-23-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove