View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
z Revis
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Rating your teams 2007 draft

1 (32) Anthony Gonzalez - WR - Ohio St.

Has shown flashes that he can become a very good slot receiver. He's not a number 1, certainly not Marvin Harrison's replacement. I haven't been overly impressed with Gonzo, but he's definitely a nice weapon to have. Injuries have hurt him this year, though. That said, with Garcon and Collie stepping up this year, it wouldn't surprise me if Gonzo is gone in a year or two.

Grade - C+

2 (42) Tony Ugoh - T - Arkansas

Meh. He's been okay/good sometimes, but awful other times. He's no longer starting. This is one of Polian's worst draft picks soley because he traded up to get the guy in the 2nd. Ugoh was not worth the trade or the 2nd round pick. To be fair, injuries have hurt him. Maybe he can get another chance and show what he's really made of.

Grade - D+

3 (95) Dante Hughes - CB - California

Isn't even on the team anymore. He plays for the Chargers now. I liked him coming out of College(Cal), but he didn't pan out.

Grade - F

3 (98) Quinn Pitcock - DT - Ohio St.

Pitcock played a couple games in his rookie year, but opted to retire after just one NFL season. No idea why. I didn't like him that much anyways.

Grade - F

4 (131) Brannon Condren - S - Troy

Injured for a portion of his rookie year. Played mainly special teams. Was waived during final cuts of the 2008 season.

Grade - F

4 (136) Clint Session - OLB - Pittsburgh

Awesome pick. Love this guy. He was mainly a backup in his rookie year, but was upgraded to a starter last year. He recorded 94 tackles. And this year, he's really coming on. Session's a key part of our defense and becoming one of our best defensive players.

Grade - A-

5 (169) Roy Hall - WR - Ohio St.

Hasn't done much. He's currently on the Colts' practice squad. He played in a few games his rookie year, mainly special teams. I think he's only caught 1 pass his entire career so far. I wont give him an F, soley because he's at least still on the team.

Grade - D-

5 (173) Michael Coe - CB - Alabama State

No idea who the hell this guy is. Just googled him, he plays for the Jags, apparently.

Grade - F

7 (242) Keyunta Dawson - DT - Texas Tech

Polian stole this guy. He's been a starter here and there. Good backup/rotation player. Nice last pick in the 7th round.

Grade - B-

Overall Grade - C - It was okay. We did get a nice slot receiver in Gonzo. He probably wasn't worth a 1st round pick though. Ugoh wasn't worth the 2nd rounder, but maybe he can pan out. He's certainly shown flashes. I loved the Session pick in the 4th. And although Dawson isn't that great, I thought the pick was pretty good considering it was in the 7th and one of the last guys taken in the draft.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 12-15-2009 at 12:55 PM.