Home

Rating your teams 2007 draft

This is a discussion on Rating your teams 2007 draft within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Rating your teams 2007 draft

1 (14) Darrelle Revis CB Pitt
Grade: A+. Pretty sure everyone knows all about him, so I need not say more.

2 (47) David Harris ILB Michigan
Grade: A. Very good ILB for the Jets 3-4 defense. Much more physical than someone like Vilma as he's able to fight off blocks at the second level and make plays. Strong blitzer and excellent in stopping the run. Only weakness is in the passing game, but the Jets don't have him man up to another receiver too much.

6 (177) Jacob Bender OT Nicholls State
Grade: F. Project LT, but he never saw the field

7 (235) Chansi Stuckey WR Clemson
Grade: B-. Steal for the 7th round. Not a guy who is going to make a ton of plays, but a reliable WR with good hands. A solid 3/4 WR on most teams. Traded to Browns in the Braylon Edwards trade.

There also was the switching of 2nd round picks with the Bears and getting Thomas Jones which makes this draft even better.

Overall: A. Only 4 picks, but they made them count. An elite shutdown CB who right now is only behind Asomougha, a potential Pro Bowl LB in David Harris, and a nice steal at WR in the 7th round. Also add in the Thomas Jones trade and this was a great draft. People got on Mangini for some of his picks (Gholston, Schlegel) but for the most part him and Tannenbaum had some great drafts together.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Washington Redskins

1st round - 6th overall - Laron Landry(SS), LSU

Showed a lot of promise his 1st year being named a Pro Bowl alternate but his flaws are being exposed big time now. He's a hard hitter who doesn't wrap up and can't cover to save his life. He's vulnerable on double moves and since he moved to FS he has given up so many big plays. If the Skins can find a FS and move him to SS where he can play close to the line then he could excel. Until then he's an overpaid bum (five-year, $41.5million).

Pick Grade: C

5th round - 143rd overall - Dallas Sartz (LB), USC

Somehow we manage to draft the only LB out of USC who isn't worth a damn. He never even the team or any team for that matter.

Pick Grade: F

6th round - 179th overall - HB Blades(LB) , Pittsburgh

Not bad value as he has stepped in on numerous occassions (5 starts in '08) at ILB & OLB. He's never going to be a great LB but he adds depth and is reliable in pass coverage and against the run. A solid pick.

Pick Grade: B-

6th round - 205 overall - Jordan Palmer(QB) - UTEP

Never made the team as he was cut his rookie year. Another wasted pick that could have been used to add some depth to the OL/DL. Now backing up his big brother (the one with actual talent)

Pick Grade: D

7th round - 216th overall - Tyler Ecker (TE), Michigan

Got hurt his rookie year and was placed on IR. Then he was cut the next year. Didn't expect much out of this pick anyway.

Pick Grade: F

Overall: D

One starter and he's the weak link in the secondary. Only 1 player provides depth (HB Blades). Could have had AP, Patrick Willis, Revis, Leon Hall or some other young studs.

We had a pretty good FS in Sean Taylor, thats what made Landry good at SS. eho knew some punks was going to kill him
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Pick 27: Robert Meachem Wr- Was inactive for every game his rookie year, didn't play much his second year but showed some good things, and has been great this year. He hasn't dropped a pass, pretty much only catches touchdowns, and is the best blocking receiver on the team. A

Pick 66: Usama Young DB- Was switched from corner to safety and has the size and speed to succeed there. He has had to come in the past two seasons because of injuries and has done well, along with being great on special teams. C+

Pick 88: Andy Alleman G- Didn't play a down for the Saints and was cut. F

Pick 107: Antonio Pittman RB- Got beat out by Pierre Thomas and was cut. F

Pick 125: Jermon Bushrod T- Has had to play this year for Jamaal Brown and has done a good job but won't be taking over once Brown comes back from his injury and probably needs more time to be a fulltime starter. B-

Pick 145: David Jones CB- Cut in training camp. F

Pick 220: Marvin Mitchell LB- Has played for some injured starters and good on special teams. C+

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

1 (32) Anthony Gonzalez - WR - Ohio St.

Has shown flashes that he can become a very good slot receiver. He's not a number 1, certainly not Marvin Harrison's replacement. I haven't been overly impressed with Gonzo, but he's definitely a nice weapon to have. Injuries have hurt him this year, though. That said, with Garcon and Collie stepping up this year, it wouldn't surprise me if Gonzo is gone in a year or two.

Grade - C+

2 (42) Tony Ugoh - T - Arkansas

Meh. He's been okay/good sometimes, but awful other times. He's no longer starting. This is one of Polian's worst draft picks soley because he traded up to get the guy in the 2nd. Ugoh was not worth the trade or the 2nd round pick. To be fair, injuries have hurt him. Maybe he can get another chance and show what he's really made of.

Grade - D+

3 (95) Dante Hughes - CB - California

Isn't even on the team anymore. He plays for the Chargers now. I liked him coming out of College(Cal), but he didn't pan out.

Grade - F

3 (98) Quinn Pitcock - DT - Ohio St.

Pitcock played a couple games in his rookie year, but opted to retire after just one NFL season. No idea why. I didn't like him that much anyways.

Grade - F

4 (131) Brannon Condren - S - Troy

Injured for a portion of his rookie year. Played mainly special teams. Was waived during final cuts of the 2008 season.

Grade - F

4 (136) Clint Session - OLB - Pittsburgh

Awesome pick. Love this guy. He was mainly a backup in his rookie year, but was upgraded to a starter last year. He recorded 94 tackles. And this year, he's really coming on. Session's a key part of our defense and becoming one of our best defensive players.

Grade - A-

5 (169) Roy Hall - WR - Ohio St.

Hasn't done much. He's currently on the Colts' practice squad. He played in a few games his rookie year, mainly special teams. I think he's only caught 1 pass his entire career so far. I wont give him an F, soley because he's at least still on the team.

Grade - D-

5 (173) Michael Coe - CB - Alabama State

No idea who the hell this guy is. Just googled him, he plays for the Jags, apparently.

Grade - F

7 (242) Keyunta Dawson - DT - Texas Tech

Polian stole this guy. He's been a starter here and there. Good backup/rotation player. Nice last pick in the 7th round.

Grade - B-

Overall Grade - C - It was okay. We did get a nice slot receiver in Gonzo. He probably wasn't worth a 1st round pick though. Ugoh wasn't worth the 2nd rounder, but maybe he can pan out. He's certainly shown flashes. I loved the Session pick in the 4th. And although Dawson isn't that great, I thought the pick was pretty good considering it was in the 7th and one of the last guys taken in the draft.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 12-15-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

Rd: 1 Pick: 16
Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

Constantly injured and when he's not he's a non-factor. Speaks to his crappiness that we took a replacement for him just two years later (B.J. Raji)

Grade: F

RD: 2 Pick: 63
Brandon Jackson, RB, Nebraska

Never developed into the runner we all thought he would. Right now he's our third down back, but he can't catch the ball, so figure that out. Not a horrible player, certainly not the impact you'd want from a 2nd rounder, though.

Grade: C-

RD: 3 Pick: 78
James Jones, WR, San Jose State

Hurt a lot. But when healthy he's a very solid receiver. A bit of a vertical threat, decent possession receiver, I like him as our #3.

Grade: B

RD: 3 Pick: 89
Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech

I always liked him when he was here. Thought he was a solid player, but he was never good enough to crack our starting lineup unless Bigby was hurt. He made plays, showed flashes of being a really good player, I liked him a lot. Glad to see him get his shot in New York

Grade: B

RD: 4 Pick: 119
Allen Barbre, T, Missouri Southern St.

God awful. The primary reason our offensive line started out so terrible this year. He can't block anybody and constantly gives up sacks. There's a reason he tumbled to a 60 OVR in Madden

RD: 5 Pick: 157
David Clowney, WR, Virginia Tech

Fast as all get out. Never made an impact for us. Not sure he ever even played for us. Wasted pick.

Rd: 6 Pick: 191
Korey Hall, FB, Boise State

Currently our third string fullback. Solid most of the time, never great, decent player.

Grade: C

Rd: 6 Pick: 192
Desmond Bishop, LB, California

If given the chance, this guy will be a star. Constantly making plays when he gets the chance, just never given a chance because of our depth at linebacker. Not to mention he's probably our best special teamer. This guy needs to play more, because there's a star in there, I can feel it.

Grade: A

RD: 6 Pick: 193
Mason Crosby, K, Colorado

Used to be decent, he has now become terrible. Woefully inconsistent from 40 or further, I think his confidence died when he missed two game winners last year. A replacement is needed right now.

Grade: D

RD: 7 Pick: 228
DeShawn Wynn, RB, Florida

When he's healthy, he can be effective. Big dude, a bruiser, but has a bit of giddy up. Problem is that he's never healthy. When he's on the field though, he can be effective.

Grade: C+

RD: 7 Pick: 243
Clark Harris, TE, Rutgers

Who? Wasted pick.

OVERALL GRADE: D

Thompson can draft, other years have shown that, but this is by far his worst draft. James Jones on offense and Des Bishop on ST are the only guys who make a positive impact week in and week out. It's become laughable how bad Justin Harrell is. I fully expect that after 3 injury plagued and ineffective years, he will be cut going in to next season.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #14
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

1. Adrian Peterson A
2. Sidney Rice A
4. Brian Robison B

The rest of the picks are meaningless F's.

2 pro bowlers (assuming Sidney makes it this year) in the 1st 2 rounds is pretty damn good. But only 3 players still on the team.

Overall B
Old 12-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #15
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

You don't think Jackson can catch? I think he has some good hands and by far has the best hands out of any of our RBs. But then again that isn't saying much at all LOL.

I'd give Rouse a C though because he was inconsistent as crap and for a dude his size, he shouldn't have been that bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #16
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You don't think Jackson can catch? I think he has some good hands and by far has the best hands out of any of our RBs. But then again that isn't saying much at all LOL.

I'd give Rouse a C though because he was inconsistent as crap and for a dude his size, he shouldn't have been that bad.
I can remember a few times this year where Jackson has dropped a ball that's hit him right in the hands. Like you said, he's our best receiving RB, but that isn't saying a lot. I wonder why we don't use Green on screen passes more. I remember years where he'd be near the top of our team in terms of receptions. I feel like he's going to waste by not trying to incorporate him into our passing game.

Rouse was inconsistent, indeed. I just feel like when he was good, he was really good. He's probably got more playmaker in him than Bigby, but Bigby is more consistent and that's why he's still here and Rouse isn't. And to your point about his size, I always did feel like we should've seen more highlight hits out of him. Dude was built like a linebacker.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »