Old 12-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #22
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: BackBreaker WILL have a franchise mode: The Dealbreaking stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
I'm with Blzer on this, I'm excited to play with the 3rd person view, but for this game to really catch fire it's gonna need a more traditional camera angle. Even though NM swears they aren't trying to compete with Madden, every person who picks up this game will compare it to Madden, so it would be a much easier transition if they had a traditional, overhead camera.

Options never hurt anybody. Those wanting the on the field experience and those looking for a more accessible traditional game will both be respected and BB's fanbase will expand tenfold.
And also don't mistake that I'm claiming a standard camera is a requisite either. I'm sort of just throwing it out there because the topic came up... because this is a camera that we're all used to. Basically, all I began by saying is that it would not only be nice to have it, but it would be kind of weird if they didn't have it. As someone else said, it may have to be there to attract a bunch of people. It's not necessary for me, and I feel like I will prefer the immersion factor with the 3rd person camera. But again, I fear there may be defensive issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Just going off the posts I've read of you on here, it appeared you were just bashing the game. I'll take your word though, and that makes two of us who need this game.
i think I'll apologize first, because I never want to come off as a troll. I was actually appalled when you were saying I was doing nothing but bashing the game, because that certainly wasn't my intention. I can't say that I love the game because I haven't yet played it... but if there was such a term as "loving" the game so much without having played it, those are my feelings toward the game right now.

Though that doesn't mean there are things I can't like; for instance, their decision to make the game in the future. It wouldn't be too bad if it didn't throw off the player equipment. Remember that a lot of people want to "re-create" the NFL, and it will look quite awkward to see Brady rolling around the pocket with those ham hocks, Just food for thought.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60