View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 AM   #22
rm217
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Rumor: 'Tecmo Bowl Throwback' Coming to XBLA, PSN (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesTheCoach
Agreed. The DS version was an abomination to Tecmo Bowl. I even e-mailed Tecmo about it. Not hard, not challenging and not fun.

Depending on how good this version is I might consider buying a 360. There has to be online play obviously.

It would be awesome if Tecmo made an actual update of the game, ie, a sequel, instead of just a remake with HD graphics. Complete with "team customization" (ie, the NFL without the license).
Abomination it was. I actually called Tecmo (310-944-5005) about Tecmo Bowl Kickoff and how it should have never been released in the state it was and how it left a bad taste in a lot of Tecmo Bowl fans. How could they make a game as epic as Tecmo Bowl more boring than watching grass grow. I told them there is a reason people still play Tecmo Bowl today and it was because the gameplay still holds up. I advised them to simply make the exact same game except with updated graphics and more animations. Maybe a closer camera to show more detail in the players. Put it online with leagues and watch as this cult classic in football gaming flourishes unlike any Tecmo Bowl game before it! A very simple formula that I hope and pray they follow. I told them this is the last chance to keep there faithful TSB fans behind them. Screw this up and game over!

Last edited by rm217; 01-20-2010 at 02:03 AM.