lonewolf371
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bob Sanders... worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CizzLark
I can't disagree more.

Did you see the Steelers defense with out Troy Polamalu this year?

Did you see what the Saints defense did with Darren Sharper this year?

Check the improvement of the Texans defense once they signed Bernard Pollard. They stopped giving up 70 yard touchdown runs. Instead, they turned into 12 yard runs.

Safeties are the most under-appreciated player on the defense in the NFL. The two teams in the Super Bowl both have awesome passing attacks. You got to have your defensive backfield in order to stop that kind of attack and safeties act as the "field generals" of the defensive backfield. Unless you have someone like Revis, corners are the lesser of importance.

The only thing that it goes to show is that Melvin Bullitt and Antoine Bethea are vastly underrated. That's the reason why missing Bob Sanders isn't such a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
Are you kidding me? Just look at the Steeler's defense with out Troy Polamalu..
Look at the age of the Steelers' defensive linemen. They got old; last season was just their last fumes in the tank. The Texans got the defensive rookie of the year, but I'd still say their defense didn't get elite or anything with Pollard.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)