Old 02-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
lonewolf371
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bob Sanders... worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CizzLark
LOL, they got old in one year? Dude, c'mon...you're just kidding yourself. Everyone knows that Polamalu (or Big Ben) is the MOST VALUABLE player the Steelers have. He's a turnover machine. He's the safety valve of that defense. When they didn't have him, they went from bend to break. From Super Bowl champs to one game away from the Wildcard.

Who the hell said the Texans got elite? All I said is they got a hell of a lot better because of Pollard. I sat there and watched every single Texans game this season. Pollard was the reason they got better, not Cushing. And I even bought a Cushing jersey! We had Cushing in the first two games of the season, and we couldn't even think about stopping the Jets and the Titans. Pollard comes in, things change. Cushing is awesome, young, and has more potential, but Pollard is the glue.

Heh, still no answer for D. Sharper?

CoolBlueDude is following me, why can't you???
Because I think you're wrong. Part of the age thing was related to Aaron Smith getting knocked out for the season, and Casey Hampton is beyond his prime enough to not shoulder the load himself. Polamalu could be back next season, but that defense won't be as good as in 2008 because the defensive line is old.

With age, usually the crash comes in one season because some older guys get injured and don't come back to pre-injury form. In addition, guys get banged up by the end of the season and stop playing as well, as evidenced by the Steelers giving up more than 20 points in 3 of their last 5 games of the 2008 season.

I don't credit the Saints' #20 ranking in points allowed or their #25 ranking in yards allowed to Sharper, but I do think it's interesting that the Vikings' rank in yards allowed stayed the same from 2008 to 2009 and their rank in points allowed improved.

You can believe whatever you want about Pollard, but I don't really see too drastic a change in the Texans' defense with him from 22 to 13. The addition of Julius Peppers, which helped the Panthers go from 31st to 2nd, is meaningful to me.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Advertisements - Register to remove