Old 02-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #23
lonewolf371
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bob Sanders... worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CizzLark
SHARPER HAD 9 PICKS THIS SEASON! That was tied for most in the league! The Saints all together had 26 picks. Sharper is the QB of their defensive backfield!

Vikes D has way too many other good players for me to take that into consideration.

Steelers D had 20 picks last year, 12 this season. Guess who had 7 of them in 2008...? Very good, it WAS Polamalu.

P.S. I don't know if you noticed. The Panthers sucked this year, and Julius Peppers is the best defensive end in football. I'm pretty sure they had him last year too. Not to mention they were 8th in yards allowed and 9th in points allowed. Not 2nd. And they weren't 31st the year before. The only elite defense this season was the Jets, and that's due more to scheming than anything.

You're facts just don't add up lonewolf. I'm afraid your out on your own on this one.
On the Panthers, I was talking about from 2001 to 2002. In 2001 Peppers wasn't in the NFL. In 2002 he played for the Panthers. Not crazy, and actually quite factual if you look it up. Since Peppers has been there, they've been a top 10 defense 5 of the past 8 seasons, and I guarantee that will stop once he's gone.

Vikes D had too many other good players? Exactly, they had a great D-line with Jared Allen and Kevin Williams, both of whom are much more important than safeties.

The Steelers defense is most certainly not simply Troy Polamalu. There was the defensive player of the year, James Harrison, a young LaMarr Woodley, and very underrated Casey Hampton and Aaron Smith.

And why do you care so much about interceptions? They're a result of the offense screwing up more than a good defense. The Packers led the league in interceptions, partly since 6 of them came courtesy of Jay Cutler. In other news, the Bills, Buccaneers, and Titans were top 10 in interceptions and I'd hardly call any of those defenses great.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)