View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #24
jbrew2411
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: This or College Hoops 2k8?

I posted in your thread in the 2k8 section but wanted to post here as well. I'm a offline leagcy/dynasty only player (Hum vs CPU). Here is the way I see both games.
NCAA 10: The use of ESPN & CBS is cool at first but gets old quick. Like in college football how it was cool to hear Lee & Kirk for the first time but it got old fast when they say the same thing every game. The dynasty mode is basic. You can edit all the coaches names but they don't show up in the dynasty. o your coach has a name but the other teams don't. Then recruiting is way to easy. I signed four 4* players in the first few weeks of the UGA dynasty I started. Its NCAA football all over again. Then comes the freezing (had it on 360) I had 6 games freeze before giving up. I simed past the game that froze and the next one would freeze. Traded the game in for store credit after a few weeks. Missing a ton of teams. Not a problem if you only play with the big boys.
Choops2k8: I have had this game for 2 years now. The legacy mode is the deepest todate. I'm almost 100% sure you can have more then 1 player since you can control more then 1 team. I have not had any problems with this game. I had it freeze once while watching the weekly wrap-up show but that was after playing for 3 hours. Never had it happen again. The game play to me is not bad. The AI plays way better. Post players don't take 25 shoots a game. All teams are in the game as of 2008. I like to work my way up.
In conclusion, I have found 2k8 to be a better game. If NCAA10 would get a patch then it would be a good game. We should not have to spend time editing players to prevent things like a post player shooting the ball 25 times a game. If you want looks then go with NCAA 10 but if you want a deep game that plays like a college game should then go with 2k8.