View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #48
Glorious Arc
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Backbreaker Updated Hands-On Preview: Angle of Attack (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
EA has had 20+ years to perfect madden and they still cannot get it right, yet you are so quick to write off this 1st year game?

Try and see beyond the actual game for a minute.. and you will see how this will change sports gaming and finally bring us into the next generation.

Its not about whether this game is perfect or not man.. just open up your eyes for a minute and see the bigger picture here.

They have already succeeded..
I agree with this statement. BB isnt only being made to sell as a video game. It is being sold as the next generation of all sports gaming. The amount of money they are going to make off the engine is where the real profit is at.

I may have worded my opinion about injuries poorly. I meant that I both like and dislike injuries. They are a blessing for realism but when they happen they are a curse. Meaning I want realism but when it happens I find myself biting my tongue. Nobody likes to draft Matthew Staford with the first of first and lose him to a career ending injury in pre season.(I was simming it)

I honestly am on the fence if injuries make or break the game for me. I still need to see how or even if there is progression, What the rating system is like, scouting, ect ect before I say that the fact that there are no injuries hurts the game. I will buy the game because I love football and it looks like this is the first "real" football game in over 5 years that will represent football well.

Your other points about the game having funny looking uniforms and NFL teams are IMO fruitless. Yes a great deal of people will pass on the game because of those two things. Yes people will pass on the game because of the action angle. But as I said before the real sales of the game will not be the ending of BB. The fact is the few people who actually get to play BB are going to realize that NO other sports game will be able to compare when it comes to a realistic physic world and interaction. Devs who are ambitious will want to use this engine(meaning spending money to buy it) and will probably pay/hire some of the devs to teach them how to use it.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 03-02-2010 at 03:30 PM.