View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #412
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I have a much longer write-up after my first 3 games on my blog: http://www.operationsports.com/rudyj...0-impressions/

For a quick recap I think the presentation is great. I still think the player models and animations could be better.

I think pitching is the highlight of this game. I think the r-stick system is great and I get the cpu taking pitches, striking out and good pitch counts. It's better than I thought it would be.

I think the hit variety could be better while batting. I'm not sure just how I feel about batting but I lowered fielder speed to 25 and I saw a triple and a fair amount of doubles. Overall this is fun but I think it could be better.

Fielding is awful. You barely control anyone. It's basically an auto fielding with manual throwing. I'm very disappointed in this and I don't like the camera either. Why no camera options on defense? Infielders suck up almost every ground ball as well so there are rarely hits that get through the infield. I actually don't have a problem with arm strength in this game. I saw plenty of players score from 2nd on singles without much trouble. I did see Magglio get thrown out at first from RF but I attribute that to the OF playing way too shallow in this game. The infield plays too shallow too.

Overall the game looks pretty decent. But I really hope they patch the fielding as I'm not sure I can put up with that over a lot of games.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 03-03-2010 at 08:23 AM.